Camos Sat Dome

suethedriver

I have a Camos sat dome on my motorhome , when i got the van ( feb 20) it worked ok and seemed pretty easy to use.

I was away last week and tried to use it but all i get is no signal found on tv screen.

I did a auto & manual channel scan and still nothing found.

I am wondering if i have done something wrong !!!

Turn tv to DVB mode ... turn on dvb maxview box ... turn on camos sat box.

lights flash up & down sat options and dome whirs round on roof.

Eventually sets and lights up " LOCK" but still shows no signal .

I have tried it since ive been home ( where it worked fine last year ) but still same .

Any suggestions what im doing wrong please ? :'(

suethedriver - 2021-07-28 9:06 PM

I have a Camos sat dome on my motorhome , when i got the van ( feb 20) it worked ok and seemed pretty easy to use.

I was away last week and tried to use it but all i get is no signal found on tv screen.

I did a auto & manual channel scan and still nothing found.

I am wondering if i have done something wrong !!!

Turn tv to DVB mode ... turn on dvb maxview box ... turn on camos sat box.

lights flash up & down sat options and dome whirs round on roof.

Eventually sets and lights up " LOCK" but still shows no signal .

I have tried it since ive been home ( where it worked fine last year ) but still same .

Any suggestions what im doing wrong please ? :'(

We don't have a Camos dome, but we have an Oyster 2 sat dish.

Our procedure is we turn on the dish

- so it locates the sat signal.

Once it's locked on, we then turn on our sky box, leave for a few minutes.

We then turn on our TV.

We use a HDMI cable - direct connection from the Sky box to the TV.

We never turn on the TV or the Sky box on until the dish has located the sat location and shows that it's locked on.

Don't know if the procedure will be the same for a Camos dome.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I have a Camos Dome which has been on the van for 12 years. Are you sure you are on the right satellite on your remote control? From memory (not in the van right now) there are about five you can choose from when you are sat in front of your TV with the control in your hand. you want either your favourites or Astra 28 I think it is.

Barryd999 - 2021-07-29 8:50 AM

I have a Camos Dome which has been on the van for 12 years. Are you sure you are on the right satellite on your remote control? From memory (not in the van right now) there are about five you can choose from when you are sat in front of your TV with the control in your hand. you want either your favourites or Astra 28 I think it is.

On our Oyster it tunes in to Astra 2.

May be it's different for the Camos dome system.

I'm not sure on the Camos, but on our system the Astra2 has been 'lost' twice now due to changes in the satellite frequencies. To check this tune in to another satellite, if that works you might need to update the Camos.

colin - 2021-07-29 12:21 PM

I'm not sure on the Camos, but on our system the Astra2 has been 'lost' twice now due to changes in the satellite frequencies. To check this tune in to another satellite, if that works you might need to update the Camos.

Hi Colin

We lost Astra 2 quite a while ago. Thankfully we're not far away from Jackson satellite, and lucky enough that Robert updated our system over 2 1/2 years ago, and ensured that our Oyster 2 has the latest updated firmware.

May be your right and the Camos software may need an update

Archived