Demister fan stuck on full.

JohnS567

I have a Peugeot Autoquest 115 Caravanette. The year of manufacture is 2009

The control knob has been forced by someone so the demister fan is now stuck on full blast so I cannot turn it off. I can move it from hot to cold.

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can fix this??

Alternatively could anyone tell me where the relevant fuse might be situated so I could remove it to disable the fan??

JohnS567 - 2021-08-03 5:53 PM

I have a Peugeot Autoquest 115 Caravanette. The year of manufacture is 2009

The control knob has been forced by someone so the demister fan is now stuck on full blast so I cannot turn it off. I can move it from hot to cold.

Alternatively could anyone tell me where the relevant fuse might be situated so I could remove it to disable the fan??

On the Fiat Ducato of the same age the fan is controlled by a relay and fuse within the engine fuse box. You could disable it by removing the negative connection from the chassis to the fan speed switch.

294378801_DucatoX250Heatercontrolcircuit.thumb.jpg.2a0cfb3138cf463d42404e19510a7c23.jpg

JohnS567 - 2021-08-03 5:53 PM

When I had the same problem on a Ducato where the wires entered the blower motor is a sensor when I started to remove the wires to remove the sensor mine started working again so I just sprayed the connections with some contact cleaner and it worked fine hope its so easy for You link it to the sensor that I didn't need to replace

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153431627659?hash=item23b93cd78b:g:s2oAAOSwwWVg014J

Archived