Mobile WiFi routers

candapack

My current router, a Huawei E5577, needs to be replaced.

Was going to get another Huawei, but someone suggested the Netgear Nighthawk M2.

However, the Huawei is c. £65, the M2 is c. £360.

Does anyone have experience of both and can tell me if the extra cost is worth it.

What it needs to be good for is streaming video via Netflix or similar.

TIA, Chris

I was using a Huawei E5577 but noticed it was getting hot when left connected to the 12v supply. I also noticed that the battery seemed to have become swollen.

After a bit of research I settled on a TP-Link Archer MR200 AC750 733Mbps Dual Band 4G LTE Mobile Wi-Fi Router. I leave it connected more or less all the time when on the road. It is a proper router with a sim card slot in the back. I have been using it for about a year now and so far I am very pleased with it. My everyday internet access is via a mobile connection so I use at home as well. I hardly ever use the Huawei E5577 now.

I am able to stream films via Netflix without a problem.

I should have said it's about £90 on Amazon.

candapack - 2021-08-15 6:49 PM

Thanks both, I'll have a look at your suggestions. Looks like the £365 or so for the Netgear is an unnecessary expense.

Just looking at 3 site and now they are offering a unlimited data deal for exsisting customers £18 a month with a Huawei alcube B900 on 24 mth contract you,d need to check its power requirements

Archived