Steering wheel lock

chas

I own a Peugeot Boxer motorhome 05 reg. It is fitted with a decent Cobra alarm system, but I would like also to fit a visible steering wheel lock as a visual deterrent.

The boxer steering wheel does have a pronounced bulge in its center which does cut down the choice available, but as far as I can determine the Stoplock Pro Elite model can do the job but has a few problems I have read with it resting heavily on the indicator stalks. Also, the lockable end seems it could be a weak point as regards any attempt to cut or dismantle it.

The disklok wheel cover could do the job but is very expensive and heavy and bulky to store in the van, when not needed.

Any suggestions or practical experience is welcome Thank you Chas.

paulmold - 2021-08-18 10:09 PM

Check out Milenco steering lock, Sold Secure Gold rated.

Stoplock Pro was recommended by my insurance company whose only interest is in my van not getting stolen.

How much did Milenco pay Sold Secure for their approval?

skaman - 2021-08-19 12:33 PM

Disklok is expensive and heavy for a reason, it works.

What is the point of a cheap and light thing that can be removed in a few seconds ?

What is the point of a thing thats so heavy and awkward you don't actually use it ;-)

I bought a steering wheel lock, the sort with a long bar that threads through the wheel. Found it was liable to press on the horn, which for some reason best known to Ford, is active even when ignition off. So.......I just lock it on at the top of the wheel, and rest the bar on the front dash, would be possibly more difficult to drive away than if threaded through, and even more visible. Has worked so far, 'van not yet stolen!!!!

I too have an older stoplock device from a previous vehicle and thought along those lines, could try it. Wouldnt it be great if the internal microwave sensors I have could be converted to act as tazers, and stun the pond life for a few hours :D >:-) but I suppose it would be frownd on by some, quoting mantraps ect.

Archived