Strawberries

Bulletguy

Ever tried getting strawberries in season? Each week i've ordered from Morrison it's come up as "out of stock".

One of my friends who lives in Germany cannot understand why our supermarkets are struggling to get food on the shelves as they have no problems there. As he said it sounds like a throwback to how East Germans lived in the 60's. He's right. :-(

Today he sent me this........bought at his local supermarket!

623237059_UKStrawberries.jpg.8923177b0cd43129891151078b4bdf96.jpg

Bulletguy - 2021-09-06 4:19 PM

Ever tried getting strawberries in season? Each week i've ordered from Morrison it's come up as "out of stock".

One of my friends who lives in Germany cannot understand why our supermarkets are struggling to get food on the shelves as they have no problems there. As he said it sounds like a throwback to how East Germans lived in the 60's. He's right. :-(

Strawberries are ' red ' and probably seen by the extreme right as " leftie " fruit - that may be why they are hard to import ?

:-|

malc d - 2021-09-06 5:38 PM

Strawberries are ' red ' and probably seen by the extreme right as " leftie " fruit - that may be why they are hard to import ?

Only on Planet Pinocchio. :-S

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-09-06 5:38 PM

I guess our Lefties have never heard of pick your own? ;-) .........

Prolly to much like hard work for our resident bone idle :D ..........

We have been trialing a few different varieties to see which we prefer B-) .........

Archived