Overloaded Transit lorry crash

rayc

Just for interest, as it has to do with vehicle overloading, this is an actual case as an example. It is reported in my local paper that a driver of a vehicle carrying scaffold materials was convicted "For the offence of using a vehicle ‘grossly’ overloaded on the road Wilton was ordered to pay a fine of £500, as well as a surcharge of £100 and court costs of £85."The vehicle had a MGW of 3500kg with actual weight of 4740kg i.e. overloaded by 1240kg.

Unsurprisingly, perhaps, it crashed an overturned and the driver was found to be over the limit for Canabis use. He was disqualified from driving for 18 months and fined £500 for driving under the influence of drugs

I've frozen this thread as, although it refers to vehicle overloading (a popular motorhome forum subject) it does not actually refer to motorhomes. If a motorcaravanner had been prosecuted for similar offences OK, but that's not what the original posting was about.

(I could have moved the thread to Chatterbox (a waste of effort in my view) but if Ray wants to copy his post to Chatterbox, that's fine by me.)

Archived