Thetford C400 flooding

spospe

spospe - 2021-10-27 3:13 PM

Been away for two weeks without any problems. I have dismantled (as far as possible) the push-button flush switch and can find nothing wrong. I have tried to start a siphon going by overfilling the flush, but it just does not work. The only way for the toilet to act as it did, is by the pump running and for this to happen the push-button must be pushed.

Baffled.

Sleep-walking?

Glad you are no longer in the doo dah Michael! I might be inclined to add an isolation switch in the loo somewhere handy and turn the bu##er off when the flush pump is not in use!

There are a few online mentions of Thetford toilets flushing autonomously (example here)

https://forums.practicalcaravan.com/threads/self-flushing-toilet.54047/

but not where a Thetford C402 model was involved.

This USA RV-related enquiry

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/toilet-flushing-poltergeist-1898.html

asked

“...is it a poltergeist and I need an exorcism?”

Perhaps spospe had parked close to a portal through which evil denizens of the Underworld were emerging and it’s well known (at least where I live) that this can affect the electrical activity of human brains and (presumably) might affect Thetford toilets too. To ward off evil influences I’ve always carried in my motorhome one of these

https://www.baphomart.com/product/mini-exorcism-kit/

Derek Uzzell - 2021-10-28 8:44 AM

it’s well known (at least where I live) that this can affect the electrical activity of human brains and (presumably) might affect Thetford toilets too. To ward off evil influences I’ve always carried in my motorhome one of these

That explains a lot!

• 1 year later...

It is now over a year since we had the problem of the toilet self-flushing and it has not repeated. I have not found any convincing explanations for the problem and am now forced to think that it was a human created (sleep-toileting) problem.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and I am now going to assume that it was one of us in a somnambulant state that did it. 

I reckon it was a poltergeist called 'Dirty Derek' and you should send Blaster Bates round to his place to get revenge.

PS Glad all is well Michael and the doo dah is at bay.

The moral - never have more water in the flush tank than the available capacity in the holding tank - let that be a lesson to us all!

PS - Happy Christmas!!

Off topic slightly sorry but I met Blaster Bates once when he came to our folk club, yes he thought the same as you,  and he was just amazing! Probably the funniest man I have ever encountered which reminds me I must take a look see if any of his stuff is still available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 8:52 AM, Derek Uzzell said:

You may want to look up 'Dirty Derek' in the Urban Dictionary...😉

Sincere apologies Derek, no slur intended, I did not know about such things or I could have said 'Demented Derek' - but it does make me wonder how you come to know !

Archived