Remoaners/LOSERS will hate this.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

British workers getting decent wages......BECAUSE OF BREXIT B-) ..........

"Brexit means British workers can now demand proper market rates for the vital jobs they do and decent bosses will have to pay – as shroud-waving employers campaign for the return of cut-price EU labour"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10052719/Brexit-means-British-workers-demand-proper-market-rates-vital-jobs-do.html

That'll ruin their Sunday morning (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Makes you wonder why the Tories have always fought against increasing the level of minimum wage doesn't it? And if we were transitioning from a low skill to a high skill economy it would take years for the skills training and we would see government funded skills programmes being set up everywhere. We don’t.

Johnson and his Brexit campaign made it very clear from the start that they wanted to get rid of tens of thousands of lorry drivers, doctors, nurses, butchers, fork lift drivers, farm workers etc, and the majority of people who voted in the referendum, supported that aim.

It is now clear that Johnson and Co. had no plan to replace them.

Even Johnson, with his Classics degree, should have understood that if you are going to get rid of essential workers you need to have replacements ready to take their place immediately, or within a very short time.

If all these people were being replaced tomorrow, many on higher wages, that's great for them - but how long will we have to wait for it to happen ?

:-|

malc d - 2021-10-03 10:22 AM

Even Johnson, with his Classics degree, should have understood that if you are going to get rid of essential workers you need to have replacements ready to take their place immediately, or within a very short time.

When we were in the EU you had to wait till somebody died before there was a vacancy for a fuel tanker driver - then it was gone from the waiting list without being advertised.

Now look at it 8-)

https://jobs.hoyer.uk.com/vacancies

But the waiting list is at the DVLA - over 50,000 long 8-)

My LGV licence has expired

so before I could get it renewed

I would have to get a GP appointment ..

..and good luck with that.. *-)

for a medical

before I could go to the back of the queue at the DVLA

with over 50,000 in front of me. :-S

pelmetman - 2021-10-03 4:40 PM

Yup .......I was right :D ........

Right about what ?

No one is complaining about British workers getting higher wages.

My complaint is that Johnson had no plan for the immediate replacement of essential workers after Brexit.

If you know what the plan is, why not explain it, to those of us who have not heard about it.

(?)

pelmetman - 2021-10-03 8:42 AM

"Brexit means British workers can now demand proper market rates for the vital jobs they do and decent bosses will have to pay – as shroud-waving employers campaign for the return of cut-price EU labour"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10052719/Brexit-means-British-workers-demand-proper-market-rates-vital-jobs-do.html

Written by Tory MP David Jones, Deputy Chair of the ERG and former Brexit Minister. *-)

You couldn't have chosen a worse example pushing a blatantly biased narrative, so ill informed he believes 34% is "the majority of the electorate".

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-10-03 5:22 PM

Right about what ?

My complaint is that Johnson had no plan for the immediate replacement of essential workers after Brexit.

If you know what the plan is, why not explain it, to those of us who have not heard about it.

(?)

Aaaah so that's what you snowflakes object to :D .......

No smooth transition from cheap EU labour to real world Booming Brexit labour *-) ......

Best google "backbones for sale" Malc.......as it appears you have lost yours :-| .......

malc d - 2021-10-03 10:22 AM

Johnson and his Brexit campaign made it very clear from the start that they wanted to get rid of tens of thousands of lorry drivers, doctors, nurses, butchers, fork lift drivers, farm workers etc, and the majority of people who voted in the referendum, supported that aim.

It is now clear that Johnson and Co. had no plan to replace them.

If all these people were being replaced tomorrow, many on higher wages, that's great for them - but how long will we have to wait for it to happen ?

Spot on Malc.

Right about what ?

If you know what the plan is, why not explain it, to those of us who have not heard about it. (?)

It's a lost cause, Malc. You're asking for an explanation from the man who said yesterday "BTW I was rarely at school" (but who nevertheless complained that he received a "crap" education, and at the same time claims never to never blame anyone else for his set-backs), and who thinks people are brainwashed by facts! Plus ça change, eh? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-10-03 5:41 PM

Right about what ?

If you know what the plan is, why not explain it, to those of us who have not heard about it. (?)

It's a lost cause, Malc. You're asking for an explanation from the man who said yesterday "BTW I was rarely at school" (but who nevertheless complained that he received a "crap" education, and at the same time claims never to never blame anyone else for his set-backs), and who thinks people are brainwashed by facts! Plus ça change, eh? :-D

You mean the same bloke who you accused of disrupting the class and affecting their education? ;-) .......

Some have the advantage of being naturally intelligent :D .........

Some need to be taught how to think :-| .......

Kinda guessing you were taught a lot of ......Blah Blah Blah (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

pelmetman - 2021-10-03 5:47 PM

Right about what ?

1 You mean the same bloke who you accused of disrupting the class and affecting their education? ;-) .......

2 Some have the advantage of being naturally intelligent :D .........

3 Some need to be taught how to think :-| .......

4 Kinda guessing you were taught a lot of ......Blah Blah Blah (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

1 Yep he's the guy.

2 True, and some aren't.

3 Again true, and again, some don't.

4 Sadly, it seems it would have been just blah blah blah to you. Fortunately for me, I was able to understand most of it, and some of the rest I've come to understand since. But then, I'm not the one who keeps complaining about my education, am I? If you shoot yourself in the foot, you limp. There's no point in blaming the limp on the designer of the gun! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-10-03 6:42 PM

Right about what ?

1 You mean the same bloke who you accused of disrupting the class and affecting their education? ;-) .......

4 Kinda guessing you were taught a lot of ......Blah Blah Blah (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

1 Yep he's the guy.

2 True, and some aren't.

4 Sadly, it seems it would have been just blah blah blah to you. Fortunately for me, I was able to understand most of it, and some of the rest I've come to understand since. But then, I'm not the one who keeps complaining about my education, am I? If you shoot yourself in the foot, you limp. There's no point in blaming the limp on the designer of the gun! :-D

You have also missed the bits where I have blessed my luck for not being edjermercated :D .......

PS.....Do you do everything by numbers? 8-) .......

Brian Kirby - 2021-10-03 6:42 PM

Right about what ?

1 Yep he's the guy.

2 True, and some aren't.

He would!

I notice he ignored your recommended read; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration to which the best he could muster as a "reply" was a >:-( .........

Malc summed him up the other day with, "I don't think your family's plan to educate yourselves, instead of bothering the national education system, went too well."

Quote of the month!! (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2021-10-03 7:02 PM

So I'll ask again, if Johnson just wanted to increase wages why did he oppose original minimum wage legislation and subsequent increases in it to living wage standards?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-10-03 7:17 PM

So I'll ask again, if Johnson just wanted to increase wages why did he oppose original minimum wage legislation and subsequent increases in it to living wage standards?

Its pretty bleedin obvious innit *-) .......

Supply & demand is the natural wage decider ;-) .......

Well it was in my world >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2021-10-03 7:20 PM

So who should control the tap of supply and demand? The government, the bosses or the workers?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-10-03 7:25 PM

So who should control the tap of supply and demand? The government, the bosses or the workers?

The customer ;-) ....

pelmetman - 2021-10-03 7:27 PM

The customer ;-) ....

How is that working out on the petrol forecourts?

And does the customer just not want to pay the smallest amount possible? That would mean your HGV driver will get a pittance.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-10-03 7:30 PM

pelmetman - 2021-10-03 7:27 PM

The customer ;-) ....

How is that working out on the petrol forecourts?

And does the customer just not want to pay the smallest amount possible?

The customer needs to be reminded they can be the problem ;-) ......

I used to do that when I worked in my niche market :D .......

It soon put them back in their box >:-) ......

Guest pelmetman

Archived