malc d - 2022-01-20 1:06 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 12:24 PM

malc d - 2022-01-20 12:15 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 12:01 PM

malc d - 2022-01-20 11:43 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 9:55 PM

malc d - 2022-01-19 9:39 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 9:25 PM

There is definitely a storm brewing for sure and the Tories are a really poor position right now to face it. These next couple of years are going to be incredibly tough for many. I dont think we will be seeing the Sunlit uplands anytime soon but people will remember thats what they were promised and who promised it to them. So very cloud an all that. At least we might get a change of government from it.

Lets not get carried away.

At the moment I would just settle for a Prime Minister who earns respect - even if I don't like his/ her policies.

It's about 18 months now since I have listened / watched Johnson on TV because I just don't believe a word he says.

:-(

Yes you are right and so would I. I actually dont care that much now who it is as long as Johnsons gone. I despise cheats, liars and conmen and they should never prosper IMO.

Quite sickening last night to see/ hear his supporters trying to give all the credit for the NHS's achievements to Johnson.

I think the NHS did it in spite of Johnson - especially with his habit of disrupting vaccination centres for his self promoting photo ops.

:-|

So what would the NHS have done without the vaccines acquired by Boris writing a blank cheque to produce a vaccine? :-| .........

I'm glad you agree with me. All Johnson did was sign a cheque - his only involvement in actually vaccinating anyone was getting in the way when nurses were trying to work.

Yep he signed blank cheques which he gave to AZ etc etc ;-) ........

Gosh, yes, I see what you mean.

It wasn't just one cheque. Signing all of them must have taken him over half an hour.

The NHS were then able to work 24 hours a day for two years to fight the pandemic.

Well done Boris Johnson !

Gosh......So you expected Boris after he'd managed to beat the EU to the head of the vaccine queue, then to jab 66 million people? 8-) ........

Well it's a surprise to learn that you admit that Johnson DIDN'T vaccinate 66 million people.

You just think he should get all the credit for doing it, ignoring the front line staff who worked all those hours to get it done.

Where as you refuse to give him the credit for getting us the vaccines ahead of the EU *-) ..........

The vaccines were obtained quickly because Kate Bingham and her team of experts got them.

She obtained them in spite of government obstacles - as she said in her lecture to Oxford University on 23 November 2021.

Exactly and it turns out the differences between UK and Belgian law. They did a good job but lets face it, if it had been left to Johnson to deal with and negotiate most of us would probably be dead now given the disastrous handling of the pandemic until we were saved by the likes of AZ, Pfizer and the NHS and a team of volunteers. The very same NHS it has to be remembered the Tories have tried and still are to run into the ground and privatise for years.

Who appointed Kate Bingham?........Oh that'll be Boris Johnson >:-) .........

Snakey Starmer would have left the EMA to make the decisions for him *-) .......

https://order-order.com/2021/02/03/watch-starmer-did-say-uk-should-stay-in-european-medicines-agency/

Well we have no idea who it was that decided to appoint Kate Bingham but one things for sure it wouldnt be Johnson on his own as he doesn't do any work himself.

It would have been a good idea to retain EMA membership as it would have made no difference to ordering our vaccines ourselves and could have worked in our favour and still could in the future.

pelmetman - 2022-01-21 3:54 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-21 12:29 PM

malc d - 2022-01-21 10:01 AM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 9:23 PM

malc d - 2022-01-20 9:04 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 6:30 PM

malc d - 2022-01-20 1:06 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 12:24 PM

malc d - 2022-01-20 12:15 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 12:01 PM

malc d - 2022-01-20 11:43 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 9:55 PM

malc d - 2022-01-19 9:39 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 9:25 PM

There is definitely a storm brewing for sure and the Tories are a really poor position right now to face it. These next couple of years are going to be incredibly tough for many. I dont think we will be seeing the Sunlit uplands anytime soon but people will remember thats what they were promised and who promised it to them. So very cloud an all that. At least we might get a change of government from it.

Lets not get carried away.

At the moment I would just settle for a Prime Minister who earns respect - even if I don't like his/ her policies.

It's about 18 months now since I have listened / watched Johnson on TV because I just don't believe a word he says.

:-(

Yes you are right and so would I. I actually dont care that much now who it is as long as Johnsons gone. I despise cheats, liars and conmen and they should never prosper IMO.

Quite sickening last night to see/ hear his supporters trying to give all the credit for the NHS's achievements to Johnson.

I think the NHS did it in spite of Johnson - especially with his habit of disrupting vaccination centres for his self promoting photo ops.

So what would the NHS have done without the vaccines acquired by Boris writing a blank cheque to produce a vaccine? :-| .........

I'm glad you agree with me. All Johnson did was sign a cheque - his only involvement in actually vaccinating anyone was getting in the way when nurses were trying to work.

Yep he signed blank cheques which he gave to AZ etc etc ;-) ........

Gosh, yes, I see what you mean.

It wasn't just one cheque. Signing all of them must have taken him over half an hour.

The NHS were then able to work 24 hours a day for two years to fight the pandemic.

Well done Boris Johnson !

Gosh......So you expected Boris after he'd managed to beat the EU to the head of the vaccine queue, then to jab 66 million people? 8-) ........

Well it's a surprise to learn that you admit that Johnson DIDN'T vaccinate 66 million people.

You just think he should get all the credit for doing it, ignoring the front line staff who worked all those hours to get it done.

Where as you refuse to give him the credit for getting us the vaccines ahead of the EU *-) ..........

The vaccines were obtained quickly because Kate Bingham and her team of experts got them.

She obtained them in spite of government obstacles - as she said in her lecture to Oxford University on 23 November 2021.

Exactly and it turns out the differences between UK and Belgian law. They did a good job but lets face it, if it had been left to Johnson to deal with and negotiate most of us would probably be dead now given the disastrous handling of the pandemic until we were saved by the likes of AZ, Pfizer and the NHS and a team of volunteers. The very same NHS it has to be remembered the Tories have tried and still are to run into the ground and privatise for years.

Who appointed Kate Bingham?........Oh that'll be Boris Johnson >:-) .........

When our armed forces are sent to war, and win medals - they don't give all the medals to the Queen because they were doing it for her.

If we went to war now I assume you would expect all the medals to go to Johnson -

;-)

New biometric checks at EU border in Dover, Kent, will cause 'miles of traffic jams'

The town’s Traffic Access Protocol (TAP) - which involves using the A20 as an overflow facility for port-bound traffic - has been used on 10 of the last 21 days.

And the delays may soon get worse.

At the end of September, the European Union’s new Entry/Exit System (EES) comes into effect.

Passengers from non-EU countries will have to carry out biometric checks at the border.

“I’m worried about EES,” says Doug Bannister, the chief executive of the Port of Dover.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-21/new-biometric-checks-at-eu-border-in-dover-will-cause-miles-of-traffic-jams

pelmetman - 2022-01-22 9:04 AM

It's funny how there dosen't appear to be a problem at Portsmouth/Plymouth/Poole or Hull? *-) .........

How do you know there hasn't been? Apparently there were delays of up to 40 hours at Rotterdam where ferries sail to Hull.

There are also invisible queues and have been for some time. Lorries are being held up at depots until the raft of paperwork now required is in order. There are still further checks to be brought in in July this year on livestock also as they kicked the can down the road on much of the import red tape. Many British businesses are simply deciding its not worth the hassle which will have a crippling effect on our economy.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/new-brexit-red-tape-causes-disruption-to-business-at-the-border/

The lack of media coverage of course as it focuses on Partygate is no surprise. Im not too fussed about that though as its done more damage to Boris Johnson than the media focusing on ferry delays would.

Barryd999 - 2022-01-22 9:42 AM

It's funny how there dosen't appear to be a problem at Portsmouth/Plymouth/Poole or Hull? *-) .........

How do you know there hasn't been?

Because Boris Johnson has seen no evidence of problems at any of those ports ?

;-)

malc d - 2022-01-22 10:11 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-22 9:42 AM

How do you know there hasn't been?

Because Boris Johnson has seen no evidence of problems at any of those ports ?

;-)

(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 10:04 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 12:01 PM...............................

I think you LOSERS are full of spite .........and its not a very pretty sight *-) ........

From Politico ;-) ........

However, the key lies in an earlier agreement that AstraZeneca made back in May with the U.K., which was a binding deal establishing “the development of a dedicated supply chain for the U.K.,” an AstraZeneca spokesperson said.

One official close to the U.K. contract said the agreement began as an email in April from the U.K. government saying it would provide £65 million to help the University of Oxford execute its production plan. It later evolved into a fully-fledged contract between the government and the British-Swedish company, which also might explain why it took until August for the contract to be signed.

Kinda looks to me like Boris WON.....EU Nil >:-) .......

Yes Dave, but where in all that, is the blank cheque you claimed Boris wrote? I can't see it mentioned anywhere. A blank cheque drawn on HMG would have infinite liability. Even I don't think Boris is quite that daft! (lol) (lol) (lol)

And the Pfizer vaccine (the one still being used in the UK!) developed using longterm EU funding before covid was even a consideration - long term pandemic preparedness. During this period the Tories were selling off our PPE storage facilities and disbanding the Pandemic Preparedness Unit.

https://researchprofessionalnews.com/rr-news-europe-horizon-2020-2021-1-biontech-chief-eu-r-d-funds-helped-develop-covid-19-vaccine/

Dover lorry queues 'sparked by Brexit checks' so long they can be seen from space

Queues of lorries backed up waiting to be processed at the Port of Dover have become so long the huge tailbacks can be seen on images taken from space.

Satellite images taken some time after March 2021 show enormous tailbacks of lorries lining roads around the port.

Now fresh delays at the port this month have been blamed on extra controls which have come into place following Brexit. Pictures taken on January 11 show huge queues of lorries lining up to be processed.

Multiple witnesses have also shared social media footage of the queues and blamed Brexit red tape for causing delays.

Port chiefs have urged the government to hold talks with the EU on ways to ease further checks set to come in later in 2022.

Two days ago one person said he had seen queues building up for the third day straight and had got caught among the lorries when the traffic built up to the point it took up both lanes.

"I know we’re all obsessed with the moral turpitude at the heart of government but please spare a thought for lorry drivers in the Brexit botch up on the road (A20) to Dover. Day after day long queues. Brexit isn’t “done.” It’s a mess," wrote Gavin Esler.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/uk/dover-lorry-queues-sparked-by-brexit-delays-so-long-they-can-be-seen-from-space/

Archived