Water Pump

potus4388

I think a Majestic 120 is a 'rebadged' Elddis Autoquest 120 model marketed through the Marquis dealership network. If that's correct, a 2019 Autoquest Owners Handbook can be found here

https://elddis.co.uk/uploads/Handbooks/2019/2019-Autoquest-Handbook.pdf

and I believe a Whale "Watermaster" pressure-sensitive water-pump is used (located in a cupboard under the kitchen sink in your motorhome's case) .

Have you tried holding down the Pump Button on the motorhome's main control-panel to see if that does any good? When you turn on the pump using the control-panel's Pump Button, does that button illuminate (which I presume it ought to do?) Make sure the electrical connections on the pump are properly connected. Presumably there is water in the motorhome's fresh-water tank? And is the leisure-battery's charge OK?

Other than changing the relevant fuse and carrying basic checks that I've just mentioned, I'm not sure what else you can do without removing the pump.

I had a similar experience. I have quite a bit of experience of fault finding in the van but after hours of frustration, one Friday evening, and failing to sort my inert water pump, I spotted that on a previously unnoticed setting on my control panel I must have switched over to "external pump".

As I've never had an "external pump" it wasn't making much noise!

So I selected "internal pump" and" Voila!" back to normal service.

And I'd had the van for about 8 years. So just check you don't have a similar setting!

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated.

Having tried everything else and thinking it was looking like a new pump perhaps, I gave the pump a thump with my hand and hey presto, it is now working!

I guess you could say I employed a technical approach. ??

Archived