Fishing

michele

Why when I try to fish with a lure do I not catch anything I have to admit i wouldn't have the slightest what it is you need a lure for as in what fish you are trying to catch in the first place?.. can anyone help any fishermen/women on here. Maybe I need that book by JR Hartley remember fly fishing .

If you fish with a lure on lakes and canals, you will probably catch pike or perch and if you include a river, you may catch a zander.

People don't like pike in commercial pools because they tend to eat the other fish.

John.

Hi John,

I was thinking of France we alwaysgo to a beach there and there is a slip stream (sorry can't think of a better name where the boats go in and out to the sea) brains gone anyway its massive the boats pass and they're is plenty of room I love sitting on the rocks . We mainly fish with magots and they sell worms that have crawly feet they bite often when I have run out I try sweetcorn I just love to sit relaxing until it's dark.

Thanks for that I often wondered why I didn't catch anything so I assume from my little knowledge which is none that I need fish that are attracted to the shiny lure ...Am I likely to find anything or is that a stupid question .

Should I stick with my little pole

Hi John,

I was thinking of France we alwaysgo to a beach there and there is a slip stream (sorry can't think of a better name where the boats go in and out to the sea) brains gone anyway its massive the boats pass and they're is plenty of room I love sitting on the rocks . We mainly fish with magots and they sell worms that have crawly feet they bite often when I have run out I try sweetcorn I just love to sit relaxing until it's dark.

Thanks for that I often wondered why I didn't catch anything so I assume from my little knowledge which is none that I need fish that are attracted to the shiny lure ...Am I likely to find anything or is that a stupid question .

Should I stick with my little pole

Hello Michele,

As for lure fishing in the sea do a specific detailed Google search for that subject.

Out of the hundreds of thousands of angling/fishing websites you will learn all that you require. I could go into detail for you on this post but it would end up being a monster post based on many years experience and I am afraid I do not have the time. You will quickly learn the species available to you at that location, tactics to use etc I am sure.

Have a relaxing break, you surely deserve it.

Mike

Sax,

thanks sweetie just a quicky am I waisting my time alot of effort I think I will just sit with me pole ha ha.. trouble is after a while the rocks being steep it hurts your bottom .thats when I gets up and tries the lure.

Never yet caught anthing on that though . When I use the pole its funny I get all the ones from under the rocks everyone laughs as I dont even have my float in the water but i still manage to catch them . Then i like to put em back but the French always have buckets ready and run over who am I to say no ha ha.... ;-)

Hello Michele,

I said that I would come back to you on the subject.

On reflection, if you want a relaxed time on your break you will be better off sitting down, drowning a worm, and for comfort, take a cushion.

Lure fishing requires special pole ( rod to the rest of us ) capable of casting the lure ( approx 60 grammes ) 30 to 40 metres. You need to be on your feet, work hard at it and be mobile, covering hundreds of yards several times over during a days sea fishing.

I suspect this will not suit. Just concentrate on having a relaxing holiday with a little light fishing thrown in. As I said before, you certainly deserve it.

Best Wishes, Mike

Archived