Fiat Airbag fault sorted

Zydeco Joe

This afternoon got the Air Bag light Problem sorted, well hope its sorted time will tell as they say.

A new Airbag Control Unit has been fitted by Guests Truck and Van in Wolverhampton a Fiat Professional garage .

I had got in touch with FIAT in Italy and at the final moment just before we picked the van back up and before we had paid FIAT agreed to pay for the new unit saving us approximately £250.

Guests staff did try to help with also contacting FIAT in Milan so must thank them for going the extra mile for us we are grateful for the help £250 off the bill helped a lot . Cheers.

So if any body else and I know that a few have or will have this on going problem its worth contacting Fiat. The airbag fault is on all 2013 - 18 Ducato models not just Carado vans like ours.

A friend had same problem on a Auto Sleeper Broadway model 2014 van 3 years ago and they had same result with contacting Peugeot i.e part paid by Peugeot but like us not un till you ask them.

Fiat have contacted me just making sure it all went well so thank them for that.

Hope this helps fellow motorhomer's .

Archived