Vindiboy becomes Trigger

TRIGGER

I tried multiple times to log into the new forum and failed each time , I have been on the Forum for several years  and my computer remembers my log in details and I have forgotten them and as I have 3 emails  plus I gave up and re-registered again  so now I am back on here  , any one  else had problems   I wonder ?  Testing the picture posting Too.

004 (2).jpg

With C&MC changing their website it seems to be quite fashionable now but, not necessarily, easier for users. I managed to sign in with my normal login details but sympathise with anyone having difficulty

just as a matter of interest - is you be sign in name anything to do with the famous Trigger of ‘Only fools and horses fame’?

Glad you’re back online though.

David

18 hours ago, spirou said:

Instructions are a bit confusing but just use the email you registered with originally in the login form and click "forgot my password" and you'll be set.

Well I knew that but as I had set my computer to remember me I have not had cause in many years of using this  Forum to relog in just click on a saved bookmark, well that did not work on the new Forum, and as I have several  E Mail addresses I could not remember  which one I used or what my password was [ written down now  in code  hee hee ] and each failure to log in caused me to be locked out after several tries, but anyhow I  am all sorted now and wont need passwords for a long time I hope  thankyou for replying .

The young who seem to know all about this digital trickery unfortunately know little about life but as they mature one hopes their understanding of how the end users, especially those well past the first flush of youth,  cope with their often overly complicated shenanigans.

The story of Trigger's broom is part of the Only Fools and Horses legend!

He used the same broom for 20 years - just ten new heads and 10 new handles - but same broom!

When I were a lad & went fishing I had the same Thermos flask for years, just several new glass innards, two new outer metal canisters, one new plastic top, plus several new cups and new stoppers - but same flask!

With passwords which are auto filled in you can 'see' the password by entering the browser settings. Having recently got a new phone with different operating system to my last one I've had to look up a couple of passwords which I couldn't find in my 'little blue book'.

Although that didn't help me as I still had to do a password reset.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:57 PM, TRIGGER said:

I tried multiple times to log into the new forum and failed each time , I have been on the Forum for several years  and my computer remembers my log in details and I have forgotten them and as I have 3 emails  plus I gave up and re-registered again  so now I am back on here  , any one  else had problems   I wonder ?  Testing the picture posting Too.

004 (2).jpg

Trigger the image you posted of the red Ford with the slide on looks like a Ford that was made in AU called a Falcon. However the Falcon was not exported to UK so I am guessing it is part of the Granada era. The Falcon was a real workhorse with either a 4 litre 6 or 5 litre v8 & auto trans. As you can see there is a real corporate look to the front.

image.jpeg.da624feb18e4eeba08e1c83316682a6c.jpeg 

I bought the demountable [ FOSTER AND DAY ] on a 2 litre automatic CORTINA pickup, a rare vehicle in its day , as I worked at Ford I changed the CORTINA TRUCK for the SIERRA  2 litre manual great truck, loved the demountable but grew out of it as our Grandsons wanted to come camping with us , happy days , My Sierra  pick up was made in PORTUGAL and I visited the plant a few time  work related.  the demountable was 4 berth, had fridge ,shower,  cooker , catalytic gas fire , Paloma gas water heater  and loads of storage, and it rode very well on the truck, I  could mount and demount it in 10 minutes  each, , before that we had a pop up roof VW  DEVON our first Camper  hated that , too small  1600 air cooled engine   and cross ply tyres  ,it wandered all over the road at speed  , changed that for the de mountable and thought we were in heaven .

001 (3).jpg

I couldn't log on as I never used the email as my log on username but I did use it for competitions so tried that but no go so I simply sent email to the administrator and he changed it for me, I then just had to register with that email and change password. 

Archived