Travel Abroad

Den

For many years we’ve used the Eurotunnel having purchased the frequent travel Wallet. 
now unavailable. 
I hadn’t realised how expensive a return trip is with a MH. 
mother than using Tesco points, how does everyone pick up a reasonable priced cross channel trip by tunnel or Ferry. 
Any info much appreciated 

Den

Den, I don't know your age, of course, but if you (or your partner) are over 60 you would qualify for a 20% discount on the Newhaven - Dieppe ferry.  To get the discount you need to phone DFDS direct rather than using the website. I can't help with other ferries on the eastern channel routes as we live in the far south west so normally use Brittany Ferries.

2 hours ago, Angel said:

Den, I don't know your age, of course, but if you (or your partner) are over 60 you would qualify for a 20% discount on the Newhaven - Dieppe ferry.  To get the discount you need to phone DFDS direct rather than using the website. I can't help with other ferries on the eastern channel routes as we live in the far south west so normally use Brittany Ferries.

If you have Tesco Club Card points you can trade them with Eurotunnel for 3x face value.

We don't shop at Tesco but use their credit card which generates the points. We got one trip over to Calais paid for by the points in May this year. Works for us!

Jeremy

Thanks for the tip regarding age over 60’s. 
yes we are both over 60. 
mill give them a ring. 
we do shop at Tescos, it’s 2 minutes s from our house, but my wife keeps using them for meals etc. 

8 hours ago, witzend said:

From Nov Tesco are stopping the 3 times offer

No - (unless you can link to a reliable source, that is) - what they’re stopping is the 3x offer for their delivery saver packages.  This has already been discussed widely on another forum.  I believe Money Saving Expert first trailed this some weeks ago.

Archived