Seat guarantee

Barcobird

I purchased a new Pilote motorhome in 2017 with imitation leather and fabric inserts. They have had covers on from new to protect them but even so the leather is cracking and peeling off.

Is this normal for a 5 year old vehicle and would I have any recourse with Pilote or is it just another hand in the pocket and get them recovered.

0238EAA5-5C75-4C3C-BA41-7751FE96CBC3.jpeg

EDF32A09-0B8E-48BA-8857-AC349F3E53D2.jpeg

That's pretty poor isn't it.

It looks like it's migrating from where it is stitched, maybe covers have added to the problem by retaining heat?

There have been quite a few comments on other forums where people are experiencing similar issues with Faux leather upholstery.

A mate of mine has the same problem on a Knaus - albeit an older van ['12]

I even noticed the little 'pleather' [as my wife calls it] tabs on my front blind retainers are starting to do this, I think the exceptionally hot summer has caused the problem, and it seems to be heat related, rather than UV damage.

I would get on to Pilote and the dealer with those photos! 

Good Luck! 

On 10/10/2022 at 3:44 PM, Globebuster1 said:

That's pretty poor isn't it.

It looks like it's migrating from where it is stitched, maybe covers have added to the problem by retaining heat?

There have been quite a few comments on other forums where people are experiencing similar issues with Faux leather upholstery.

A mate of mine has the same problem on a Knaus - albeit an older van ['12]

I even noticed the little 'pleather' [as my wife calls it] tabs on my front blind retainers are starting to do this, I think the exceptionally hot summer has caused the problem, and it seems to be heat related, rather than UV damage.

I would get on to Pilote and the dealer with those photos! 

Good Luck! 

I have forwarded photos direct to Pilote in France and the dealer in UK and will see what responses I get 🤔

Archived