Is there a dodgy batch?

Barry Lineker

Had our thetford bench type flush pump replaced in Spain a couple of years ago and it packed up after just 3 months, the camper went in for some work during COVID and had the pump replaced, it went again within a few weeks, didn't have the time to get back to the firm that fitted it, so had it replaced during our habitation service a few weeks before our current trip to France. It lasted a week!

Is it down to the type of flush you are using? It is best to use just clean water to avoid nasty deposits which clog up pumps. The pink stuff used to have a reputation for introducing black bits into the reservoir which used to clog pumps.

peedee

23 hours ago, peedee said:

Is it down to the type of flush you are using? It is best to use just clean water to avoid nasty deposits which clog up pumps. The pink stuff used to have a reputation for introducing black bits into the reservoir which used to clog pumps.

peedee

I wouldn't have thought that would be the reason as the flush tank had been drained for quite a while before it was refilled. I'll take it apart if I can, and have a look when the service people replace it. Come to think of it, I may even have the old one they took out, time to get my hammer out I think!

5 hours ago, Barry Lineker said:

I wouldn't have thought that would be the reason as the flush tank had been drained for quite a while before it was refilled. I'll take it apart if I can, and have a look when the service people replace it. Come to think of it, I may even have the old one they took out, time to get my hammer out I think!

Update, the hammer revealed no black bits.

Archived