Omnia Stovetop Camping Oven

GandJP

Hi. We have one and use when we are not on campsite with electricity. ( we have a remoska for camp sites).

it is light and well made. Cook jacket potatoes , meat etc.

we do not use frequently cos we usually use campsites but it works well when needed.

Peter

Thanks peterjl; the Remoska needs electricity and we rarely have any as we always tour using French aires and their like so not any good at all to us. We rarely use any camp sites though we have this week due to the fuel problems in France and being stuck here. Many years ago we bought something similar to the double skillet but now it no longer seems to exist and as my latest van only has a grill and not an oven we now need to get something else. What we had before had a metal lid and so became an oven and really worked but we have ordered the double skillet and it looks to be just the thing for us. Thanks for your help.

24 minutes ago, GandJP said:

Our Double Skillet arrived yesterday and for the money it looks really good.

we've had ours for years. great for stews an roasts which you can brown off in the grill by taking handle off I believe there a cook book on line for them

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, GandJP said:

Our Double Skillet arrived yesterday and for the money it looks really good. We intend to try it out this coming week and  I can see no reason why it wont be ok. Will report back once we have used it.

How'd it go then we tried ours out at home before taking it away in van

• 2 weeks later...

At long last we were able to travel out in our van and try out the double skillet. Something simple so X2 medium potatoes and after an hour they were ready and perfectly cooked so very pleased with it and look forward to trying out something a little more substantial. Thanks for the recommendation. 

Archived