Any other useful Apps?

Jez_1966

1st time travelling through France, Spain & Portugal starting 24th Oct for a month.

I have the following "Parking" Apps

1. ACSI (Europe & Camping Card) - Subscribed and downloaded Maps

2. CaraMaps - Free Version

3. Searchforsite - Free Version

4. Park4night - Free Version

Any other recommended Apps "Parking" Apps or especially a specific LPG locator!

Or is LPG generally available at many fueling station?

We have 2 x 11kg Gaslow so would not require to refil too often

In my opinion Camper Contact is way ahead of any other app for sites. I have used it, almost exclusively, on 4 long trips to France, Germany, Spain and Portugal. In my experience Park4night is not much use on the Continent, nor is searchforsites. 

Definitely the best site for LPG outlets is MYLPG.EU though FillLLPG is also good. Many fuel stations have LPG. The pump is usually separate from petrol/diesel and you have to pay at a kiosk rather than at the pump with a card. This means that getting LPG on a Sunday when the kiosk is unmanned isn't possiblle. Sometimes the lane to access the pump is narrow, often at supermarkets, which aren't used by trucks.

Connections for filling are different in Spain/Portugal to that used in France

Dick

8 minutes ago, DickB said:

In my opinion Camper Contact is way ahead of any other app for sites. I have used it, almost exclusively, on 4 long trips to France, Germany, Spain and Portugal. In my experience Park4night is not much use on the Continent, nor is searchforsites. 

Definitely the best site for LPG outlets is MYLPG.EU though FillLLPG is also good. Many fuel stations have LPG. The pump is usually separate from petrol/diesel and you have to pay at a kiosk rather than at the pump with a card. This means that getting LPG on a Sunday when the kiosk is unmanned isn't possiblle. Sometimes the lane to access the pump is narrow, often at supermarkets, which aren't used by trucks.

Connections for filling are different in Spain/Portugal to that used in France

Dick

Thank you I'll give CamperContact a go, will be interesting to compare Park4night & Searchforsites show a lot of motorhome sites but until we start turning up at a few of them we'll no idea how accurate information is.

Taking Chromebook so we can run them on a "Laptop" and not just phone.

Bought a multi LPG connectors from Amazon, it's meant to have and looks like it does have all required for Europe.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09J13NJBH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again thank you.

5 hours ago, GandJP said:

You are intending to go on October 24th but you may want to reconsider as there are major fuel shortages in France and this has stopped us dead. There is a thread on here concerning this. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/18/france-braces-for-more-fuel-shortages-as-union-votes-to-extend-strikes

Thank you for information, not seen that, crossing booked so no real choice.

Guessing brim before leaving UK, + and top-up as often as. Plan it straight through France so hope just 1 refill on route. We have Aygo on trailer so can aways go fuel hunting with Jerry cans (Diesel & Petrol) if we need to use them on route as well.

If all else fails, guessing we may be seeing more of France than planned.

6 hours ago, GandJP said:

You are intending to go on October 24th but you may want to reconsider as there are major fuel shortages in France and this has stopped us dead. There is a thread on here concerning this. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/18/france-braces-for-more-fuel-shortages-as-union-votes-to-extend-strikes

Looks like things might me clearing up.

Posted: October 20, 2022 5:50 PM BST

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/workers-continue-strikes-totalenergies-normandy-fezyin-refineries-union-2022-10-20/

From article: "The number of petrol stations still grappling with shortages has fallen to less than 17%, versus 20% on Wednesday and more than 30% over the weekend, bringing relief to households and businesses, though it may be two to three weeks before refineries are fully operational, according to the government and companies involved."

Archived