Timber Prices

B Dobson

My hubby who's a joiner has seen the cost of timber shoot up over the last couple of years with some of it doubling in cost . My hubby was told on his internet forums like this one by those in the know that the shocking price increases were down to that blooming Brexit . Hubby rather naively believed covid and a building boom were to blame but he was politely informed hed got it wrong once again . My point is that now timber is falling in price dramatically is that also the fault of that blooming Brexit? It's all a bit too much for me to understand, I think Barryd999 might know 

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

My hubby who's a joiner has seen the cost of timber shoot up over the last couple of years with some of it doubling in cost . My hubby was told on his internet forums like this one by those in the know that the shocking price increases were down to that blooming Brexit . Hubby rather naively believed covid and a building boom were to blame but he was politely informed hed got it wrong once again . My point is that now timber is falling in price dramatically is that also the fault of that blooming Brexit? It's all a bit too much for me to understand, I think Barryd999 might know 

I expect the timber prices are dropping because of the looming "immediate" deep recession that Cameron and Remainers said would happen as soon as we left the EU. I feel terrible for voting for Brexit, as I didn't know it would cause the COVID Pandemic or a worldwide recession and make Putin invade Ukraine. I suggest us Brexiteers atone for our sins by sitting on the naughty step.

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

Is it falling in price dramatically as this article and chart suggests otherwise.

https://www.ibisworld.com/uk/bed/timber-price-index/44235/

I think your hubby is naive though to think that anything that comes from lovely Europe is going to be cheaper post Brexit.  

Everything is the fault of Brexit of course.  Boris Johnson getting elected was because of Brexit and look how that all turned out.  Did you and your hubby take part in the Rejoin march the other day?  You really should go on the next one if you didnt. Happy to help.

2 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Everything is the fault of Brexit of course.  Boris Johnson getting elected was because of Brexit and look how that all turned out.  Did you and your hubby take part in the Rejoin march the other day?  You really should go on the next one if you didnt. Happy to help.

No doubt you are correct, Brexit is obviously responsible for inflation rates in many EU countries being much worse than the UK's, and who knew the little X I put in a box in 2016 would elect a Government in Italy with links to Fascisim? 

2 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Is it falling in price dramatically as this article and chart suggests otherwise.

https://www.ibisworld.com/uk/bed/timber-price-index/44235/

I think your hubby is naive though to think that anything that comes from lovely Europe is going to be cheaper post Brexit.  

Thank you Barryd999 for explaining all that for me . My hubby must have made a mistake this morning whilst in his usual suppliers when he was told that timber is going down 27% . Sometimes he gets a bit mixed up and I'm so glad you are here to post your internet findings on here . Please excuse me for saying that anything that comes from anywhere in the world will cost more since Brexit as time has gone on and covid which of course only happened because of Brexit has of course played a massive part in price rises . I wonder if those big red bus prices have gone up too Barryd999? That blooming red bus caused all this mess all around the world 

Archived