Peugeot headlights

paulni

to be honest pauli, i dont think anyone knows how to make any of the new type vehicles legal for france anymore. us will take sum black lectricians tape on this yers holiday and if us is stopped by the french gendarm will peel off a strip and stick it across his eyes (or goggles if hes on a bike of course). if us is arrested, theres always the 100 litres of grants best cider under the couch - which to be honest alice and i wood be glad to see the back of (well passed its sell by date).

fred

Try Peugeot customer services, they sell them and they're a French company, so they should have a genuine interest in the solution!

Failing that, as described in a previous post, stop your van facing a wall, about 3-5 yards away, at night, turn of dipped headlamps, look for the upswept portion of the dipped beam and then experiment by masking off that part of the beam with card, until you eliminate the upsweep.  You need to mask a bit of the top portion of the lamp, as you face it, up from the centre, and out to the right, of the beam.  (Hope that makes sense!)  You should end up with a horizontal dipped beam with no upsweep.  When you find the right spot, make a couple of small positioning marks on the "lens", and then apply the minimum amount of electrical tape to just replicate the same effect.  You won't need much.

I bought the peugeot headlight protectors, which are plastic shields that clip on and have a little black square that you can stick on the block the dip bit. I fix them before travelling and they work a treat. About £35 a pair. John

drifter66 - 2007-05-11 7:38 AM

I bought the peugeot headlight protectors, which are plastic shields that clip on and have a little black square that you can stick on the block the dip bit. I fix them before travelling and they work a treat. About £35 a pair. John

8-) Are we talking about the Boxer III- latest cab? *-)

I've been given to understand that the standard headlamps on LEFT-hand drive versions of 2007 Citroen/Fiat/Peugeot-based motorhomes have sufficient in-built adjustment capability that it's possible to 'flatten' the asymmetric right-dipping beam-pattern so that the lights won’t dazzle if the vehicle is driven in the UK.

Now, it needs emphasising strongly that this action would not legalise those headlamps as far as UK registration regulations are concerned - to comply with those rules the light-units will need replacement. However, it may be that the standard left-dipping headlamps on RIGHT-hand drive 2007 Citroen/Fiat/Peugeot-based motorhomes can be similarly adjusted to provide a dipped-beam pattern that does not dazzle when the vehicle is being driven in Continental Europe. Such 'temporary' modifications would be legal and might provide an alternative to masks or beam-converters.

I offer the above purely as an observation as a) what I was told originally may be wrong, b) left-dipping headlights may have critical design differences adjustment-wise from right-dipping equivalents, and c) even if it's technically possible to 'flatten' left-dipping headlights, it may prove to be such a swine to do it won't be worth the hassle.

Archived