Autocruise Tempo 2010

snail

Hi all, does anyone know of a product to fix over the sliding door on a PVC to stop water dripping inside,

not during the rain or with door open, but opening after rain stopped but roof still wet it drips onto the seat

I have used drip stop before for other things but find it goes mouldy looking after a while

Just thought there maybe a specific item to stop this, of course there might be space problem as exterior light and roll out awning fitted

Thanks 

There is a stick on gútter available made for over sliding doors works well on our van it was there when we got it so can't help with where to get it but there is one available 

edit to add link

https://www.dometic.com/en-hk/outdoor/hk/products/climate/windows-and-doors/window-and-door-accessories-for-motorhomes-,-a-,-caravans/dometic-raintec-rt-100-_-24865

Hi  Swift made a rain strip that was fitted to my 2010 Mondial don't know if this is still available, there is a Fiamma  drip stop or you can buy some "P" rubber off eBay I used this on my last two vans works well for £10 for 4 metres . At the top end there is the Dometic Raintec a rain gutter and awning light £179 from Magnum Motorhomes or £120 from Midland Leisure Supplies they also do a Dimtec rain gutter awning light for £72 but both are collection only. 

Paul 

• 6 hours ago, snail said:

Thanks for your replies, does this mean my original awning light needs to be removed to fit the raintec, if so can I use the power to feed the new one?

Thanks   

Would need to see phots of van and lamp to answer that.

• Paul

That light is very close so you may need to move it I do think you could use wiring that's there, if the awning light you have fitted works ok I would check with swift dealer to if you can get one from them, because looking at their new Select they are still using the gutter like i had on my Mondial and that would fit without moving your light. If the first owner had gone back to Swift in 2010  they would have fitted one free (like they did for me). I have not got a Dometic raintec but it's on my Christmas list.

Paul

Hi again sorry to harp on, I've had a good look through the pictures of the domestic raintec, 

My original awning light is approximately 30mm high, my concern is that the raintec won't cover my original footprint  when removed and I don't know how mine is fixed, where the fixing holes are drilled may be left exposed etc.

Can the raintec gutter be fitted without the light? 

There does seem to be a lot of stripping down to get to the fixings I assume?

Thanks 

The conventional method of preventing water coming off the roof is to fit a rubber awning lip seal into one of the grooves. I suspect the method of mounting, and the awning used (a "6 series"?) for your PVC negates this.

Thule recommendation in this case is to fit an EPDM seal between the awning and the roof (I think it is fitted (stuck) to either the awning or the roof before the awning is fitted, and then the awning mounted down onto it.

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/van-accessories/awning-accessories/thule-epdm-sealing-_-productgroup_197100

...as an example only, the following purchasing link (The Thule part number is 308697).

https://leisureplusdirect.co.uk/product/thule-epdm-tape/

I suspect one could source similar sized generic s/a EPDM in a single length rather more cheaply (though the adhesion quality is obviously important.

If you're prepared to demount and remount the awning (it's relatively easy, but high and a weight, so two-handed, probably up and over onto the roof) then it might provide a solution.

Archived