Eurovision Song (contest) ?

chas

Brian Kirby - 2007-05-15 11:50 AM

Yeah, well, its still near enough on the North Sea (yes I know, on the Humber actually!), and now I'm worried about that flashers' loo you're on about. How, prey, do you know about this??!

duh Brian NOT a flashers' loo - a flash aka smart aka loved n cared for loo.

and according to Mel there's another one - but that's gents only :$

'course - if global warming continues it'll be under the North Sea - but that's another problem (lol) :D

B-)

Guest peter
howie - 2007-05-15 12:02 AM

Janet East Riding - 2007-05-14 11:49 PM

Excuse me! Miss Janet East Riding here. Although Hull is not in East Riding, what is all the Hull bashing about!

There is a lot of good things in Hull, and there is a lot of regeneration going on, which given time will bring it back from years of neglect down to all the bombing from WW2. All the money went on London and Plymouth to rebuild after the war and Hull was forgoten. They lost almost 80% of their housing stock due to Mr Hitler and after the war there was little or no money spent on the city. But is slowly happening now.

If you have any cash, then Hull is the next hot spot to buy property, it is still resonable at the moment but is rising.

Cheers

Janet

Hear hear, and if Mel B were here now she would agree also. How Starspirit can come out with such crass and insensitive statements is totally beyond me. One can only assume that old age has not treated him kindly, but this still does,nt excuse such behaviour.
I agree totally. Hull is a very nice town. I've been there in my boat and had a great time for a week. Plenty of nice pubs and good food, but you will struggle to find some where to eat in the evening though. Great place during the day though and good bowling alley.

twooks - 2007-05-15 11:36 AM

Hull is really in the East Riding - just as Selby is really in the West Riding, - and there has always been a county called Rutland!

just because some bunch of oikish southerners and a bakers boy from Brighton messed about with financial boundaries. .. . .. *-)

B-)

Correct me if i,m wrong Twooks, but was,nt Rutland famous for being the smallest county in the U.K. Last I heard there were plans to bring it back, and I hope so as like you those in power with nothing better to do than rearrange our history really get up my nose.

Speaking of which. That useless bunch of arty farty weirdos prancing about in the European song contest at least had one thing going for them.

They gave us a perfect insight on how this wonderfull European Community concept works. Put them both on the telly at the same time and you would,nt know the difference. >:-(

howie - 2007-05-16 12:14 AM

twooks - 2007-05-15 11:36 AM

Hull is really in the East Riding - just as Selby is really in the West Riding, - and there has always been a county called Rutland!

just because some bunch of oikish southerners and a bakers boy from Brighton messed about with financial boundaries. .. . .. *-)

B-)

Correct me if i,m wrong Twooks, but was,nt Rutland famous for being the smallest county in the U.K. Last I heard there were plans to bring it back, and I hope so as like you those in power with nothing better to do than rearrange our history really get up my nose.

Speaking of which. That useless bunch of arty farty weirdos prancing about in the European song contest at least had one thing going for them.

They gave us a perfect insight on how this wonderfull European Community concept works. Put them both on the telly at the same time and you would,nt know the difference. >:-(

Re Rutland - yes and I think it is back - well almost

http://www.rutland.gov.uk/

B-)

Archived