What do you call yours?

Gypsy

Hi Janine, I had a look through Holdsworth Owners Club Valentine 'vans and noticed your name is not there. Have you ever thought of joining the Holdsworth Owners Club??? very nice members, frequent rallies, only £12 per year. Richard Holdsworth & his wife usually attend. The Holdsworth VW Valentine was the only new British Motorvan to pass the German scrutineers and be allowed to be imported into Germany. After Holdsworth were taken over by Autocruise they continued to build the Valentine as it was so good. Hang on to it J9, it is a lovelly 'van you have there. Come and join us club secretary e-mail :- ethelchamberlain@aol.com

Guest caraprof
J9withdogs - 2007-06-11 3:17 PM I had the driver of a Hymer wave to me yesterday - I didn't think they did that!

What's so special about Hymers? There was one next to us a few weeks ago in the Highlands and it was the most rubbish layout I can imagine. It had a fixed double bed in the rear of a smallish 'van and the kitchen preparation space was non-existent. The owner had to put a tray on the bed to give her somewhere to put pots, pans and the food she was preparing.

There was a small dinette but nowhere to lounge whilst reading unless you climbed up on the bed. It's only good point that I could see was a small garage under the double bed but the general interior layout was the worst example I've ever come across for wasted space.

And don't get me going on the garish colours of the damn thing!

I hate waving anyway but I couldn't bring myself to wave at someone whose taste is so naff!

Ranger - 2007-06-12 10:53 PM

Hi Janine, I had a look through Holdsworth Owners Club Valentine 'vans and noticed your name is not there. Have you ever thought of joining the Holdsworth Owners Club??? very nice members, frequent rallies, only £12 per year. Richard Holdsworth & his wife usually attend. The Holdsworth VW Valentine was the only new British Motorvan to pass the German scrutineers and be allowed to be imported into Germany. After Holdsworth were taken over by Autocruise they continued to build the Valentine as it was so good. Hang on to it J9, it is a lovelly 'van you have there. Come and join us club secretary e-mail :- ethelchamberlain@aol.com

Thankyou David, 'Shirley' and I would be honoured and will send Ethel an email right now.

I love my funny Valentine!

• 2 months later...
Guest starspirit

The current Tracker is called the 'kowshed' as the reg is KOW.

The Starspirit was called the 'sandpit' on account of the nauseous colour of the upholstery.

The Nuevo was called 'Norman'.

A Talisman was called 'lucky' - mainly because the b####y thing kept developing mysterious undiagnosable engine faults.

An executive was called 'Top Cat'

Being of a certain age I can't remember any further back than that.

• 3 weeks later...
Our Talbot Express is known as the Caledonian Camper - complete with apt clan badge, if I knew how to add a picture to my post I'd be able to let you see it. Also, following on from another repl, we have also named our sat nav. It's an LG so it's called Lucinda Green - Lucy to her friends :-D

• 1 month later...
Guest Le Thou
bigal55 - 2007-10-31 8:45 PM

my wife calls it big boy, i call it my pension

Alan, I think you mis read the question, its what you call your motorhome.

Archived