Super meal ideas

B Dobson

30 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes that sounds very nice Mr Dobson. Is this something you will eat in your "motorhome". Remember this is a "motorhome" forum so lets keep it relevant. 

It is actually something we do eat in the motor . Lovely after a days walking or cycling and one comes back to that and a lovely bottle or 3 of Chatuex Le Fux 63 . Happy New year Barryd999

4 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

It is actually something we do eat in the motor . Lovely after a days walking or cycling and one comes back to that and a lovely bottle or 3 of Chatuex Le Fux 63 . Happy New year Barryd999

My favourite is a Double Pot Noodle Kebab flavour after a hard days cycling away from the "Motorhome" washed down with a few bottles of Chateaux 69 White lightning extra reserve Tramp cider.   

2 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

My favourite is a Double Pot Noodle Kebab flavour after a hard days cycling away from the "Motorhome" washed down with a few bottles of Chateaux 69 White lightning extra reserve Tramp cider.   

Do you have chips with that Barryd999 

2 hours ago, B Dobson said:

Do you have chips with that Barryd999 

Yes sometimes. Ill be going out shortly for some gourmet food in Richmond town after a hard days work today.  Battered fish, a Cheesy, scraps and mushy peas but as Im on a diet I wont have the chips today.  Ill not take the "motorhome" though.

29 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes sometimes. Ill be going out shortly for some gourmet food in Richmond town after a hard days work today.  Battered fish, a Cheesy, scraps and mushy peas but as Im on a diet I wont have the chips today.  Ill not take the "motorhome" though.

Hmmmm sounds lovely . Richmond you say . I bet they do very posh fish and chips there if anyone ever did visit in a motor home 

28 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Hmmmm sounds lovely . Richmond you say . I bet they do very posh fish and chips there if anyone ever did visit in a motor home 

Nah it's rubbish but the cheesys are nice. Despite the real chance of bumping into Rishi Sunak it's not that posh, just wealthy people with odd accents and wellies.

You used to be able to park motorhomes down near the river if anyone fancies it.

40 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Nah it's rubbish but the cheesys are nice. Despite the real chance of bumping into Rishi Sunak it's not that posh, just wealthy people with odd accents and wellies.

You used to be able to park motorhomes down near the river if anyone fancies it.

I bet that blooming Brexit stopped all that motorhome parking nonsense by the river . Is there still a turning circle for the big red 937 bus to Darlington? Long time since I've been . Best wishes 

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

I bet that blooming Brexit stopped all that motorhome parking nonsense by the river . Is there still a turning circle for the big red 937 bus to Darlington? Long time since I've been . Best wishes 

No its still there!  Very useful for motorhomers visiting the lovely ancient town of Richmond (The real one, not that poncy fake one in Surrey).

https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=32854

Yes, the bus still operates. Here it is leaving Wetherspoons in Richmond for Darlo. 

image.png.4ca48dd5485ed5b15d4354ce82f2c725.png

13 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

No its still there!  Very useful for motorhomers visiting the lovely ancient town of Richmond (The real one, not that poncy fake one in Surrey).

It's in London, not Surrey! Jaggers pad is on the main Richmond road (Jerry Hall got it in their divorce) and a few yards down, more musical history with The Wick, formerly owned by Ronnie Wood (before he joined the Stones) who also had Keith Richards living there for a time after he'd sold his house. Pete Waterman lives there now.

26 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes, the bus still operates. Here it is leaving Wetherspoons in Richmond for Darlo. 

Fantastic . I thought they'd have pulled that route years ago along with all the other bus routes they pulled after the Brexit Beeching Report . Is Rishi Sunaks dad still the ticket inspector on that one? Bet its a bit lively on there after the Friday night Wetherspoons crowd get on n'all 

21 minutes ago, Bulletguy said:

It's in London, not Surrey! Jaggers pad is on the main Richmond road (Jerry Hall got it in their divorce) and a few yards down, more musical history with The Wick, formerly owned by Ronnie Wood (before he joined the Stones) who also had Keith Richards living there for a time after he'd sold his house. Pete Waterman lives there now.

Never liked the place. It used to be in Surrey and some still think it is or Middlesex which apparently doesnt exist anymore.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/what-richmonds-locals-say-whether-17560033

1 minute ago, Barryd999 said:

Never liked the place. It used to be in Surrey and some still think it is or Middlesex which apparently doesnt exist anymore.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/what-richmonds-locals-say-whether-17560033

Another downside of that blooming Brexit Barryd999 is that we lost some of our counties to border change . Disgraceful 

Just now, B Dobson said:

Another downside of that blooming Brexit Barryd999 is that we lost some of our counties to border change . Disgraceful 

Yes thats true. Kent no longer exists and is just a Lorry park now that smells like a urinal and Northern Ireland is still secretly in the EU.  The North Yorkshire Dales and Teesdale were never in the EU in the first place apparently and are an independent country in their own right.

15 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

...  and Northern Ireland is still secretly in the EU.

I confirm. There is no border between the Republic and Northern Ireland.

You realize you have left the first because the houses are less beautiful, the towns are dirty, the quality of Lidl products is worse and (at least in August) fuel cost more.

Smile

2 hours ago, mtravel said:

I confirm. There is no border between the Republic and Northern Ireland.

You realize you have left the first because the houses are less beautiful, the towns are dirty, the quality of Lidl products is worse and (at least in August) fuel cost more.

Smile

Like most places there are good and not so good areas . NI has some stunning places to visit in a motor home . Hope those comments are within Warners new rules and regulations for Chatterbox . I really dont want to upset anyone else . Seasons greetings BTW to everyone 

Archived