IH Tio Savannah

Porkbrain

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a month or so and have read lots of interesting posts, (is that enough grovelling :-)

In looking for a motorhome the sheer variety of vehicles and conversions has been quite mind boggling!

I have found an IH Tio Savannah 2004 Fiat Ducato which seems to tick all the right boxes. I intend to travel across Europe, mainly on my own, in both summer and winter.

Does anyone own one of these or have another IH Tio model that they can comment on? Googling doesn't turn up much about this make or model.

Any comments or links will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Phil

IH started up a few years ago and has always produced excellent quality vehicles - tho not always to my taste. I've never heard of any bad reports about his vans and customer care always seemed excellent at shows. Have seen a few around and owners always seem well pleased.

There is one for sale here http://tinyurl.com/yq8t4o - for comparison.

or is this the one you're interested in buying (lol)

B-)

Thanks Twooks, your comments re quality and customer care are reassuring as both are important to me.

It is very similar to the link you have posted, though as its on a dealer's website rather than a forum am I allowed to put a link to it on here?

I'll be going to view it on Friday so any more comments would be most welcome :-D

I have looked at IH conversions and they do appear to be very nicely finished.

We saw a used one at Newbury on the IH stand; a 2003 model and we fell in love with it. I stepped inside and, making my way to the rear U lounge, smacked my head on the protruding roof air-con. unit. Woops!

I then found that due to the very slightly raise floor in the lounge area, I could not stand upright there. I am 5' 10.

Another one crossed off our list.

I do find the headroom in the Fiat Ducatos, including the new ones, rather limited, even without protruding roof vents or raised floors.

If you are shorter than I you may not have a problem.

IH have several used 'vans for sale at www.ihleisure.co.uk/

Harvey

Porkbrain - 2007-05-14 6:14 PM

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a month or so and have read lots of interesting posts, (is that enough grovelling :-)

In looking for a motorhome the sheer variety of vehicles and conversions has been quite mind boggling!

I have found an IH Tio Savannah 2004 Fiat Ducato which seems to tick all the right boxes. I intend to travel across Europe, mainly on my own, in both summer and winter.

Does anyone own one of these or have another IH Tio model that they can comment on? Googling doesn't turn up much about this make or model.

Any comments or links will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Phil

Hi Phil

I once had a Savannah Irmao (the predecessor to the Tio I think) built by IH for me. The whole process from start to finish is exceptional and they go to great lengths to ensure your choice of fixtures and fittings is right from the start.

After purchase the customer care is, probably, second to none although I had no cause to test out the warranty as nothing went wrong with the van.

Knowing Ian Hartley (the owner of IH) I am sure he would give just as good service to someone like yourself who had bought one of his vans elsewhere shoul d you require any aftersales support. If the van you are interested in is from a dealership my advice would be to try and buy direct from IH as they will turn out the used examples in the same high quality fashion as new ones.

Good luck, David

Phil,

If you read MMM you will be aware that an IH motorhome has been the magazine's long term test vehicle. As the ad says, the Editor liked it so much that he bought it at the end of the test period to replace his previous own vehicle.

Personally, I cannot stand the fact that every surface has the IH logo emblazoned on it! Seat bases, seat cushions, headrests, worktops, doors, cupboard doors, the glass partition to the kitchen - all are emblazoned IH. And, even though the build quality is good, I think their prices are ludicrous (£53K+ for a van conversion!!!).

Mel E

====

Many thanks to you all for your comments, they have been most helpful.

I have been buying MMM and other mags for the last 3 months but due to the manufacturer and model overload that I mentioned, the fact that there was a long term test on an IH van, as stated by Mel E, had been erased from my few remaining brain cells :$

Hi, just seen your post now. We bought an IH Tio R earlier this year ( a used model). The build quality is very good indeed. Prior to this we owned a trigano tribute which didnt have the comfort and finish which our Tio has.

Dawn.

Archived