Motorhome fridge

bjphillips

We've recently moved to south lincolnshire near Spalding,can anyone recmmend a good motorhome center around here ?We have a bit of a problem with our electrolux fridge when its running on 240v,it doesn't seem to run cold enough if at all sometimes.Or is it something that I could fix myself ?Our motor is a Fiat ecovyp 1r. *-)

Stating the obvious but are you turning the right thermostat in the right direction? They are different controls for gas and mains electric.

Does the mains light come on?

If it is OK on gas then the basic fridge is OK. The mains bit is a simple heating element poked up a bit of steel tubing which is attached to the gubbins in the back of the fridge and a thermostat. On our fridge the thermostat on the left does mains and the thermostat on the right does gas.

bjphillips - 2007-05-14 8:30 PM We've recently moved to south lincolnshire near Spalding,can anyone recmmend a good motorhome center around here ?We have a bit of a problem with our electrolux fridge when its running on 240v,it doesn't seem to run cold enough if at all sometimes.Or is it something that I could fix myself ?Our motor is a Fiat ecovyp 1r. *-)

If the fridge is the main worry, I'd suggest contacting Dometic's customer services department.  The number is (was?) a bit hard to find on the website, but I was recommended a local(ish - from Guildford) contact who was about half the price of the advertised alternative, and knew the Dometic fridge inside out and backwards.  He came to me, and charged a very reasonable flat, fixed rate.  I don't think the general dealerships would necessarily have that much knowledge, and may well have higher overheads. 

Incidentally, he said most of his repairs/servicing business came from old people's and nursing homes.  Apparently Dometic do a lot of compact medical fridges, used to store small quantities of medicines, so absence of large caravan/motorhome dealerships may not mean absence of local travelling Dometic service agents.

try Donington Caravans - at Swaton on the A52 nr Sleaford ng34 0jg

01529-421770

he does habitation checks and repairs - nice young man, very helpful, he gave me good advice when I had problems with damp and delamination last summer.

Carol

have taken our motorhome for work done to crowland caravans which is at the rear of wyevales garden centre, (where the welland caravans used to be) on the crowland road towards eye, as well as pioneer, both of them we have used. gill

Thanks for all the suggestions with the 240v system on my fridge but yes its on the correct stat ,the red light is on so its powered but it just doesnt seem to get cold.We were living in it for 3 months at the time it died so we just switched over to gas at the time.I will check out the variouse suggestions,I just didnt want to have to leave it anywhere if possible & then have to get back home.I did try the Pioneer place suggested but they wanted to hang on to the M/H for at least a week Then getting there & back without my own transport was a bit inconvenient.Maybe to get a chap to call might be easier ,I think most of the works are accessable thro the 2 panels on the motor side.

Archived