Morocco in a Motorhome

B Dobson

Has anyone been? We went ten years ago now over the New Year and stayed in a hotel . Left the motorhome for a few days in Tarifa and had a bit of a wonder . Cant say we felt comfortable at all and we couldn't get back to what was the best site we've been on quick enough, other than a day out in that London thats the most unsafe Ive ever felt narrowly beating Antwerp in Belgium .

Good morning to all the millions of Chatterbox viewers all over the world 

Ive been to Morocco and out in the Sahara and to a souk in the remote Saharan Town of Taroudant which was alright until we went off Piste and some old bloke like out of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" threatened to cut Mrs D's head off with a sword.  I think it was a joke for the tourists though as all the stall holders were laughing their heads off. I was just looking for an Aire but didnt find one.  Strange place.

3 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Ive been to Morocco and out in the Sahara and to a souk in the remote Saharan Town of Taroudant which was alright until we went off Piste and some old bloke like out of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" threatened to cut Mrs D's head off with a sword.  I think it was a joke for the tourists though as all the stall holders were laughing their heads off. I was just looking for an Aire but didnt find one.  Strange place.

Very "Strange place" Barryd999 and Ive been to Bradford Market! . Forgive me for saying but given your previous posts I didn't think you was one to mix with those foreign types or anyone really, did you end up in Morocco by accident thinking it was Monaco? 

2 hours ago, B Dobson said:

Very "Strange place" Barryd999 and Ive been to Bradford Market! . Forgive me for saying but given your previous posts I didn't think you was one to mix with those foreign types or anyone really, did you end up in Morocco by accident thinking it was Monaco? 

No no Mr Dobson. I love funny foreigners me.  I actually found the Moroccans lovely people in the main apart from the pushy drug dealers in the back streets and the customs bloke who played hell with me for trying to (accidently) smuggle Moroccan currency out of Morocco.

I preferred it to Monaco to be honest which Ive also been to. The best thing about Monaco is the view behind you when you leave up in the mountains.  Dont take your motorhome to Monaco by the way. There are no Aires and not even a Caravan and Motorhome club site!

8 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

No no Mr Dobson. I love funny foreigners me.  I actually found the Moroccans lovely people in the main apart from the pushy drug dealers in the back streets and the customs bloke who played hell with me for trying to (accidently) smuggle Moroccan currency out of Morocco.

I preferred it to Monaco to be honest which Ive also been to. The best thing about Monaco is the view behind you when you leave up in the mountains.  Dont take your motorhome to Monaco by the way. There are no Aires and not even a Caravan and Motorhome club site!

I wouldnt rush back to Morocco . I too dont care for Monaco which we went to after Italia one year, mind me and Mr D do prefer the quieter places to visit . There is A small CL in Monaco actually, its behind the Prada and Rolex stores just off Rue De La Republique but does get busy so pre-book . You can empty in the Prada store apparently but we only stayed one night . Hope your Thursday goes well Barryd999 

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

I wouldnt rush back to Morocco . I too dont care for Monaco which we went to after Italia one year, mind me and Mr D do prefer the quieter places to visit . There is A small CL in Monaco actually, its behind the Prada and Rolex stores just off Rue De La Republique but does get busy so pre-book . You can empty in the Prada store apparently but we only stayed one night . Hope your Thursday goes well Barryd999 

Do you have the GPS for that?

They drive a bit barmy there also. When we were there, it was mental! Loads of people waving and cheering us along though.

monaco gp kontiki (Small).jpg

7 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Do you have the GPS for that?

They drive a bit barmy there also. When we were there, it was mental! Loads of people waving and cheering us along though.

monaco gp kontiki (Small).jpg

Looks to me like you like you took a left at Avenue Charles De Gaul instead of taking a sharp right . Sound like a nice lot waving at you though . Maybe they were trying to warn you your vehicle tax had expired or you weren't displaying the critair sticker . Best wishes to you and yours Belinda and partner x

27 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Looks to me like you like you took a left at Avenue Charles De Gaul instead of taking a sharp right . Sound like a nice lot waving at you though . Maybe they were trying to warn you your vehicle tax had expired or you weren't displaying the critair sticker . Best wishes to you and yours Belinda and partner x

I cannot get a clitair sticker for my Kontiki. Its too old. Thats how I got that photo. Got fined a thousand francs. 

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

I cannot get a clitair sticker for my Kontiki. Its too old. Thats how I got that photo. Got fined a thousand francs. 

Lordy . Bet that wouldn't have happened if we were still in Europe . Did the French Gendaremes rough you up a bit and trash your motorhome like they used to do in that French police tv show Bergerac 

49 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Lordy . Bet that wouldn't have happened if we were still in Europe . Did the French Gendaremes rough you up a bit and trash your motorhome like they used to do in that French police tv show Bergerac 

No, it was the Monaco rozzers that wanted 1000 francs. The French Gendarmes love me as have "I love EU" heart stickers on me van.  I get into loads of places free with them. Macron let me stay overnight on his lawn once at the Versailles palace where he lives. No EHU though which I thought was a bit stingy. He just told me to dump the cassette where I liked though. 

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

No, it was the Monaco rozzers that wanted 1000 francs. The French Gendarmes love me as have "I love EU" heart stickers on me van.  I get into loads of places free with them. Macron let me stay overnight on his lawn once at the Versailles palace where he lives. No EHU though which I thought was a bit stingy. He just told me to dump the cassette where I liked though. 

Wow . Have you ever thought about writing a book about your motorhome travels as i'm sure they'd turn it in to a movie or at the least one of those UK Gold mini series . They could get that nice Idris Elbow to play you 

19 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Wow . Have you ever thought about writing a book about your motorhome travels as i'm sure they'd turn it in to a movie or at the least one of those UK Gold mini series . They could get that nice Idris Elbow to play you 

I did write one called "Confessions of a Rock Star Motorhomer" but most of the publishers deemed it a bit too explicit and sexy for the motorhome world where as we know some are a little bit sensitive and prudish to that sort of content.   I sent some pics and a chapter to Practical Motorhome magazine but they reported me to the Police and oddly the Caravan and Motorhome club and I also sent some to warners who returned them asking if I had written anything about cleaning your thetford instead. 

I might try HBO, they will film it for sure.

I would have thought a young Sean Connery would have been better for my role but as he's dead ill probably do it myself.  Gonna take a while to cast all the female roles though. Do you wanna be in it?

6 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

I did write one called "Confessions of a Rock Star Motorhomer" but most of the publishers deemed it a bit too explicit and sexy for the motorhome world where as we know some are a little bit sensitive and prudish to that sort of content.   I sent some pics and a chapter to Practical Motorhome magazine but they reported me to the Police and oddly the Caravan and Motorhome club and I also sent some to warners who returned them asking if I had written anything about cleaning your thetford instead. 

I might try HBO, they will film it for sure.

I would have thought a young Sean Connery would have been better for my role but as he's dead ill probably do it myself.  Gonna take a while to cast all the female roles though. Do you wanna be in it?

Do I want to be in it? . Are you serious of course I do . Could I play your much younger sister 23 year old Beryl Dobson in the movie . Maybe ask much respected BG if he wants to play your great grandad 

Archived