France in a Motorhome

B Dobson

It sure is lovely in that France isnt it? We were there again this year and we are busy planning a possible early visit next year to meet some friends . I might keep a diary on here about my stay if thats possible as one or three valuable members seemed really interested in my last visit . Talking of France I do believe there is a footie game tonight England United v France in Qatar . My money is on France to win 3-1, who do Scotland play in the other quarter final? Best wishes 

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes I love that France too, especially in my motorhome.  I love it so much and the French that ill be going to watch the game tonight with a load of ******* in my Village hall so ill be supporting France.

This is my favourite French town on the Cote D'Azur

image.png.3fbaa160a58ca4cabcbff1954ebd8f3e.png

Think I've been they barryd999 . Drove through on the way to a French cheese market at Aldi this year . Hope you have a nice time in the village hall finally meeting the neighbours, might be an excuse to have an early bath n'all rather than waiting till new years eve 

I wonder why that word in my post was censored.  It was the R word as in Raaaacists!  I was told by an old member on here who moved to Outer Mongolia that my village was Raaacist because everyone is white and there is no overnight parking for motorhomes unless you are local (and white).

Im trying to address that by supporting France.

2 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes I love that France too, especially in my motorhome.  I love it so much and the French that ill be going to watch the game tonight with a load of ******* in my Village hall so ill be supporting France.

This is my favourite French town on the Cote D'Azur

image.png.3fbaa160a58ca4cabcbff1954ebd8f3e.png

Have you got the right town?

As that looks more like the French hamlet of Beeritz in Northern Dordogneshire.

36 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes its Hudders Tropez.  Not far from St Tropez.  Lovely place and they have a Greggs. Two actually!

I happen to know someone who lives in that town Barrdy969 and believe it or not that road Chapel Hill is much changed and his Granma many years ago lived in a house just down from The Rat and Ratchet pub at the front right corner of your pic . 

34 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

I happen to know someone who lives in that town Barrdy969 and believe it or not that road Chapel Hill is much changed and his Granma many years ago lived in a house just down from The Rat and Ratchet pub at the front right corner of your pic . 

Yes it must have come on leaps and bounds if they now have two Greggs shops.

The Rat and Ratchet doesn't sound very French though. Not many people know Greggs originated in France. I fancy a pasty now.

17 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

The Rat and Ratchet doesn't sound very French though. Not many people know Greggs originated in France. I fancy a pasty now.

Did you know the French actually invented the Pasty?

The recipe was stolen by a Cornish pirate known as "Tarquin the Limp", he captured a French cabin boy called Barry BottyTotty from Calais who was also a cook, his signature dish was Pomme & Mince Anglais.

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

It sounds very French if one says it 'Allo Allo' style in your motorhome . Dont think Ive mentioned this before but me and Barney lived in that France for a while this year . Hope you enjoyed your pasty but do remember once on the lips forever on the hips Barryd999, I think youve forgotten that a time or three before . Best wishes 

1 hour ago, Barry Lineker said:

Did you know the French actually invented the Pasty?

The recipe was stolen by a Cornish pirate known as "Tarquin the Limp", he captured a French cabin boy called Barry BottyTotty from Calais who was also a cook, his signature dish was Pomme & Mince Anglais.

"Barry Botty Totty" sounds like a made up name or some transgender character from a JK Rowling novel to me . Are you sure that story is factual Barry Lineker? 

38 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

"Barry Botty Totty" sounds like a made up name or some transgender character from a JK Rowling novel to me . Are you sure that story is factual Barry Lineker? 

Yes I'm sure it's correct as the story has been passed down the generations to me, although Mr "P" said never to mention it or I'll become a target of the Cornish mafia, who have made their fortune from pasties. 

As the legend goes, a person called Barry Gregg who was Tarquins favourite in the harem of "Barry Botty Totty" pretended to be his "Patsy" which is why they got the name Pasty, it was just a simple 16th century typo.

Im not sure it was the French who invented the Pasty.  I remember the Prime Minister a few years ago (before he was Prime Minister so maybe it doesn't count) promoting the "Pasty of independence" in that Cornwall.  I think he believed if we voted for Brexit we would be the only people in the world allowed Pasties and allowed to eat them.

Here he is here promoting it with one of his chief supporters at the time Antony who used to be a member on here for a lot of years before he emigrated to Outer Mongolia to a multiracial peace camp to worship and play the Bongos.

johnson pasty.jpg

10 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Im not sure it was the French who invented the Pasty.  I remember the Prime Minister a few years ago (before he was Prime Minister so maybe it doesn't count) promoting the "Pasty of independence" in that Cornwall.  I think he believed if we voted for Brexit we would be the only people in the world allowed Pasties and allowed to eat them.

Here he is here promoting it with one of his chief supporters at the time Antony who used to be a member on here for a lot of years before he emigrated to Outer Mongolia to a multiracial peace camp to worship and play the Bongos.

johnson pasty.jpg

I see you are using the latest 21st century "IT" gadgets and propaganda ie Brexit to deflect from the truth and cover up the real reason behind your recent trip to Cornwall.

As it was to connect with your relatives.

My recent research into the 16th century "BarrieNeuf cent quatre-vingt-dix-neuf" has thrown up some very interesting results.

Unfortunately it means I will never be able to visit Cornwall or go North of Skegness again.

Or see Stone Henge in the same light again😮 

2 hours ago, Barry Lineker said:

Yes I'm sure it's correct as the story has been passed down the generations to me, although Mr "P" said never to mention it or I'll become a target of the Cornish mafia, who have made their fortune from pasties. 

As the legend goes, a person called Barry Gregg who was Tarquins favourite in the harem of "Barry Botty Totty" pretended to be his "Patsy" which is why they got the name Pasty, it was just a simple 16th century typo.

I presume Barry Botty Totty had a lot to do with the invention of the sausage rolls n'all and lets not mention the very famous spotted dick he was the inspiration for . England United are losing 

38 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

I presume Barry Botty Totty had a lot to do with the invention of the sausage rolls n'all and lets not mention the very famous spotted dick he was the inspiration for . England United are losing 

Who are they playing?

If it's the French, then Barry999's relatives have spiked our sides Pasties.

I rest my case.

Sorry but I was out (of course with my van) and forgot the OAL password and couldn't log in.

Like every year, from December 7th to today it's a kind of your bank holiday, we took a stroll.

One possibility was Alsace but the weather forecast announced the possibility of snow and we decided to visit some medieval villages in the Romagna region.

This deprived us of the possibility of attending the French celebrations for the victory over England.

Not bad, wifi router, tablet and streaming allowed me to watch the game anyway.

Great Kane.

I was amazed to see this thread abandoned for days, evidently the disappointment was strong.

Take comfort, the next championship will be in 2026, just sixty years after your theft. Maybe you can try repeating it.

1 minute ago, mtravel said:

Sorry but I was out (of course with my van) and forgot the OAL password and couldn't log in.

Like every year, from December 7th to today it's a kind of your bank holiday, we took a stroll.

One possibility was Alsace but the weather forecast announced the possibility of snow and we decided to visit some medieval villages in the Romagna region.

This deprived us of the possibility of attending the French celebrations for the victory over England.

Not bad, wifi router, tablet and streaming allowed me to watch the game anyway.

Great Kane.

I was amazed to see this thread abandoned for days, evidently the disappointment was strong.

Take comfort, the next championship will be in 2026, just sixty years after your theft. Maybe you can try repeating it.

Do you think Italy will be able to make 2026?

Or will they still be on their Losing streak?🤣

4 minutes ago, Barry Lineker said:

Do you think Italy will be able to make 2026?

Or will they still be on their Losing streak?🤣

We have won four world championships.

Like Germany and only one less than Brazil.

You only one and also stolen. In the mists of time.

In this period it is enough for us to have won the European championship.

At Wembley with Bozo Joker attending.

1 hour ago, mtravel said:

We have won four world championships.

Like Germany and only one less than Brazil.

You only one and also stolen. In the mists of time.

In this period it is enough for us to have won the European championship.

At Wembley with Bozo Joker attending.

Reminds me I was very saddened to read of the death of Paulo Rossi in 2020 . He came back from a 2 year ban if I remember to win the World Cup for Italy in 82, top scorer in the tournament if I remember correctly 

Archived