FIAT DUCATO SECURITY

geoff

Looking at my camper security I figure its easy enough to remove the forward quarter light from its rubber mount and use bolt croppers to cut the door fastening chain.

Any ideas how to beef up security on this weak point ?

Guest JudgeMental

Armour plates - to protect exterior locks would be a start.

Thatcham rating is very poor for these original locks - they can be opened with a screwdriver...

and then a dead lock such as Heosafe or Fiamma on the interior.

or just a deadlock - probably cheaper

Thanks,

Ive got some deadlocks fitted to the habitation ( actally, they're garage bolts with keys, £10 each) but I think your right about deadlocks on the cab doors.

Any idea where I can get them fitted in my area ?

It depends if you are trying to improve security when you are in the vehicle or when its unattended. If when unattended then some VERY LOUD sirens that operate above the threshold of pain triggered by the intruder work. But determined thieves will also know to disconnect the battery first if they can.

Parking where there are (nice) people is a good plan.

Dave Newell fits electrically controlled deadbolts which securely retain the cab doors and a big strong lock for the habitation entrance. But if all thieves want is access to a vehicle to raid its contents then its easy to smash a window and get in anyway.

Having a BIG dog inside is a good deterrant if you are asleep inside as well.

Modern vehicles can no longer be hot wired and without the correct key just won,t work. So if you leave the vehicle unattended do NOT leave the spare keys inside it.

Some food for thought.

C.

Hi again Michele, nice to see you back in England ! In view of your advice I have amended my location

Did'nt realise Dave did locks, he could have done them last month when he fitted my cruise control (great little gadget ! ) so I'll take a trip to Telford after the Bank Hol.

Pity we cant rent a large dog whenever we want to park up !!

Archived