heating, empty boiler?

teccer1234

21 minutes ago, teccer1234 said:

so which switch do i set on the thermostat as it shows a shower as well?

The 'shower is actually hot water icon. For empty boiler you slide the RH switch to winter position {UP} and set the LH switch  to 40 degrees , according to the manual  at   https://www.truma.com/uk/en/service/self-service/product-family/truma-c-heaters

I was halfway through posting before the above replies.

The manual for your vintage of controls is at:

https://www.truma.com/dam/jcr:057b063b-10f8-400f-80d3-da470eb498dd/truma-heating-trumatic-c3402-c6002-operating-de-gb-fr-it-nl-dk-es(061997-042002).pdf

As I read it, it confirms that the unit can be used for heating only (no water) and recommends that in this case the  the RH switch should be set up (Space Heating and water), and if the space heating thermostat is set low, the LH switch is recommended to be set to the lower (40C) setting.

thank you everybody for your information, I have now downloaded the correct manual  and now understand all that you have said.

while here another question, as all water is drained down I've switched off the 12v system because my micro taps are open, If I plug the van into the mains to recharge the batteries will only the engine battery charge or do I have to close the taps and switch on the 12v system to charge all batteries

thanks again, Ray

There's nothing so dangerous as terminal certainty, but conventionally, (with a Schaudt EBL) if the vehicle is hooked up with the 12V off at the panel, charging will be functional, but the water pump not (I'm assuming that's your concern, and there is no separate water pump switch, though in fact, that shouldn't make any difference to the foregoing). 

50 minutes ago, Robinhood said:

There's nothing so dangerous as terminal certainty, but conventionally, (with a Schaudt EBL) if the vehicle is hooked up with the 12V off at the panel, charging will be functional, but the water pump not (I'm assuming that's your concern, and there is no separate water pump switch, though in fact, that shouldn't make any difference to the foregoing). 

many thanks

Archived