Fiat Servicing on A class motorhome

Child Peter

Peter from Saffron Walden.       Hi I live in the cambridge area, and am trying to find a garage to service my engine for my 2015 Pilote G741  (Fiat ducato base) motorhome with the Al-Ko AMC chassis. the problem i am having is the size and weight,  4800kg L 7.5m H 2.9m W 2.3m /2.77m with mirrors, wheelbase 4.035m.  I am currently having to go the Weeley (clacton) about 60miles away.

• Keithl changed the title to Fiat Servicing on A class motorhome
6 hours ago, mtravel said:

The Fiat Camper service points (therefore nominally equipped for the assistance of motohomes) closest to you appear to be in St. Edmund and Colchester.

Taken from https://www.fiatcamper.com/en#dealer-locator

Max

Thanks MTravel, i have been on fiatcamper serveral times. Bury St Edmunds only service upto 5mt and 3.5kg, servicing is not carried out in Colchester, it is at Salmons in Weeley which is where i normaly take the motorhome.

4 hours ago, Grumpyman said:

Hi if you contact Simonds Bus Garage they do servicing and Mot's class 4upwards . All makes of motorhomes serviced and repaired.

Phone no. 01379 647 300

Thanks Grumpyman. (Like the Name),  I have looked up Simonds in Diss and it does look a good bet. funny enough, its the same distance as weeley from me, but i think i will give them a try.

11 hours ago, Child Peter said:

Thanks Grumpyman. (Like the Name),  I have looked up Simonds in Diss and it does look a good bet. funny enough, its the same distance as weeley from me, but i think i will give them a try.

"Guest Truck & Van" at Peterborough is about 57 miles from Saffron Walden and the journey looks easy enough.

https://www.guesttruckandvan.co.uk/about-guest-truck-and-van/?manufacturer=fiat-professional

The size/weight of your motorhome should present no problems, as the business deals with Iveco trucks as well as Fiat and Iveco light-commercial vehicles. Being a Fiat Professional dealership, they should have the required expertise to deal with the mechanical side of your vehicle, to be able to source any parts needed and to install any appropriate software revisions.

Having said that, A-class motorhomes are well-known to present mechanics with engine-access problems and I'm doubtful that Guest Truck & Van would carry out Al-Ko axle greasing.

As there appears to be nowhere significantly closer and/or potentially 'better' than the Clacton company you have been using, if you've been satisfied with them (and they should be familiar with your Pilote by now) it might be wise to continue to take your motorhome there.

For many years I've appreciated that getting A-class motorhomes serviced required travel either of two hours or 120 mile round trips.  We made it a day out. Delights of Lancaster, Warwick, Telford, Longton (Stoke on Trent), and Stafford could always be found. For habitation checks such as Northwich, Keighley, Telford and Stafford.

Think of it as a day out Peter, or go even further and build it in as part of a tour over a week or so.

Archived