Elldis Autoquest Problem

millso

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have an Elddis Autoquest 270 camper, and I am having some problems with the electrics.

There is a zig unit on the wall but it does not look like any of the ones I have been able to find on the net. The unit has a switch at the top which enables you to choose between car or caravan batteries, three fuses and three switches to use lights, pump and aux. There is also a light which indicates the state of charge of the batteries i.e. green or red.

The problem is that the car battery cannot be used from the zig unit and shows red on the light. The battery is ok as the van starts no problem at all. The second problem is that for some reason the caravan battery does not seem to be charging.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, the caravan battey is fairly new only around a year old.

Hi,

You don't say when the battery doesn't charge, is it on hook up, driving, or both?

I used to have the same model, and it didn't have a charger for the caravan battery built in, it only used to charge on the move through a spilt charge relay. It had 240v strip lights when on hook up, fridge was mains, so the battery was only used to power the water pump.

The switch did use to change between the van and caravan battery ok, if a battery was disconnected I don't remember the light coming on at all, if yours is red I would suspect a poor or corroded connection or fuse.

Mike

does the zig unit have a switch on it saying "on site" i can not remember what the other posistion of the switch says but if it is left the on site posistion it will not charge the leisure battey while you are traveling also does the frigde work on 12volt (when traveling) you may have a blown fuse in the line from the starter battery to the zig unit

hope this helps

hi it sounds like a cf8 if you want a wiring diagram for it i will photocopy mine and send it to you the leisure battery will only charge from the alternator if the rocker switch is set to touring if it still dont work 2 probable causes are the fuse/wiring from the split charge relay or the fuses in the face panel of the zig unit. Be careful if you take the front panel off the zig its live and will short the inner case hope this helps.. pagey

Archived