Caravan Club IS IT FAIR

michele

Guest peter
caraprof - 2007-06-09 6:05 PM

Bloody hell Brian, you're a bit slow! Everyone else has known for weeks that it's me!

Give him a bit of slack Frank. He is getting on a bit and a bit slow on the uptake. :D (lol)

I’m flabbergasted by all this chat about Credit Cards !

I thought that all Motorhomers were people of substance who had accounts with all the major stores and that orders were placed by their butler and delivered to the door. I didn’t realise that credit cards were involved.

I’ve now got a quandary.

Do I sack my Butler and get a CC credit card or do I sell the motorhome and join a Yachting Club.

(lol)

I had 2 TSB cards, don't think I asked for either. Hardly ever used them and they took both away eventually, which quite pleased me, probably because they noticed I was using a Tesco card. I use the Tesco card for the points and the security it provides and one card is more than enough to have to search for sometimes.

Col

Todays new letter say's

Dear customer

I want to give you some news about your Credit Card . Last year we wrote to advise you that your Credit Card account was being assigned FROM Liverpool Victoria to Morgan Stanley bank International Limited.

Since this date ,the Morgan Stanley group have decided to establish a seperate Credit Card business in the UK ,and as a result ,your Credit card agreement was assigned to Morgan Stanley self gratification International Limited to Goldfish Bank on the first of june 2007

So it seem's in all fairness that the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing.

Goldfish Bank will be writing to you in the coming weeks to introduce themselves ,but in the mantime please continue to use your card and make your payments as follow.

What the hell is going on I take it that I am now know lomger with LV .

That I am now with Goldfish and they don't want to cancel my account for non use???? *-) *-) *-)

I don't know wha I said above but it wasn't self Gratification I put bank international ??

Ok the fact that it has been pointed out to me that I typed a rudeword LOL does not mean that I think they are jodrels ....lol........ :D :$

It was a genuine accident .

Brian ,

just for you ok I will sweetie pie...bye bye goldfish ..........

Hi Michelle

Unused Credit Cards are seen to be more prone to possible "cloning" in that if you just chuck out the relevant post without destroying it, someone going thro' rubbish could find your details and pinch them. If you do not use it, it may be a while before you notice that your card is "maxed out".

So best to cancel any card that you have but do not intend to use.

I was very impressed a while ago when a provider rang my wife at home to tell her that our card was being used in France (I was on a booze cruise) - this was “unusual activity” on the card and their systems had flagged it up.

I believe this service to be a good thing in preventing fraud.

For regular purchases (fuel etc.) I use an AA credit card as I get cash back even tho' I clear the balance each month and the cash back pays for our AA membership plus a bit more.

I have to buy the fuel anyway, but at least I get AA recovery cover for free!

:-)

Oh dear I must of used the word WUCHERs more than once lately :->

I shred everything with our name on even if its just a letyer saying hi you have been selected for a CC loan or similar everything gets shreded and recycled here...

When he went to France with the lads on his war cemetary trip the bank phoned to ask is he there I said who's calling when they said Natwest I said oh sorry he's in France they got the answer they wanted and thanked me .

Archived