Vets - Royan; poitiers or tour area; Recommend?

peterjl

Hi

Off to the Atlantic coast of France for a short break.

Can anyone recommend a vet for pet passport scheme that we could visit on Friday afternoon on the way home?

We want to be about an easy days drive from Calais for an early Sunday train home.

I ask as its always nice to have a recommendation. Following our last request we found a great vet in St Omer - Maggie thinks he's very handsome and the Dog enjoys him whispering sweet nothings in her ear (the dogs ear that is)! However its a bit close to Calais and i would prefer to travel on the Saturday rather than hang about on that part of country (been their too many times).

Many thanks

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
B-) Too late for your current trip but for future reference there is a good vet in Pont de L'Arche - near Rouen. the vet is 2 min walk from the municipal campsite on the banks of the Eure/Seine. Also in Royes further north and in Loches near Tours. Prices seem to vary even with the same vet and my French isn't up to arguing!

Hi Barrie

Just to let you know we used the vet you recommended in Surgeres - he was great + the parking for motorhomes was excellent.

Surgeres is a days drive from the ports to come home albeit a littel bit of a streach to Calais at 450 miles - still it worked well for us and we will use him again when we travel in that direction.

The next challenge is to find a vet a days travel from calais in the direction of norhern Italy! (thats for early september)

Regards

peter

Again, too late for you but possibly helpful for others. I stopped in Honfleur on the way back from Brittany. A large aire (as mentioned elsewhere) and there is a vet across the road. No appointment necessary for an evening visit. Cost me 37 Euros with my own Frontline.

Honfleur is about 170 miles from Calais.

Archived