ACSI Camping Card

laimeduck

I contacted ACSI regarding two anomalies and have now had a reply.

A) Some sites applying a surcharge for electricity over and above the quoted nightly rate 

"The electricity fee you refer to is, unfortunately, something we had to introduce this year. Energy prices have increased greatly since the invasion of Ukraine. Unfortunately, that was not foreseen in the negotiations we had with the campsites. This means that Campings can charge a special energy fee, provided they also charge it for non-ACSI customers. The ACSI prices are still confirmed to be the cheapest, despite the extra energy fee." 

While I understand why the surcharge is there I think ACSI are being less than upfront. To my knowledge they have never informed me or their subscibers that they are allowing an additional fee to be charged? And not all sites are applying this charge? It is now therefore a bit of a free for all as regards pricing, whereas before it was a known quantity.

B) The ACSI App not allowing me to leave a review and not updating reviews left via the website.

"The reviews you have published on our website will be included in the application once we release a new version of the app. Multiple times per year we update your app to solve reported issues and bugs. When we update the app, we will also include all the reviews that have been made during that period. Not sure why, but the IT department assures us that it can only be done that way."

This means that the information from the App is not necessarily accurate because you will never know if it has been updated or not. 

Jeremy

"The electricity fee" as applied by Caravan Club, Camping and Caravan Club is a very modern issue so understandable if not planned for/instantly advertised.

This again is a modern issue, pre www and to this day you get a hardcopy book updated once a year. The website is "live" the app is not, I believe people would complain if they had to download the app everytime a new website review was posted. I also don't belive reviews need to be upto the minute to be useful.

Personally not I've not hand any issue with ACSI review and the discount/savings greatly exceed the membership cost, which is why we use it, as I'm guessing is the reason for the majority. Si potestis facere meliorem

2 hours ago, Jez_1966 said:

I don't understand the benefit to the thread of the comments by Derek Uzzell/TeamRienza/mtravel, are you contributing, abusing member, trolling?

Please enlighten..

You quoted a Latin phrase. As far as I can see Derek drifted the thread a little by quoting what a teacher quoted to him. I posted a compliment to Derek in recognition of his endeavours on this forum helping others. However on reviewing my post, I lifted the wrong quote. I thought I had lifted Dereks quote.

Certainly no offence or troll intended by me. You are welcome to check my posts on many Motorhome forums under the TeamRienza or Davy username (Wildies, motorhomer, craic, Autosleeper, motor-homeowners).

Davy

9 hours ago, TeamRienza said:

You quoted a Latin phrase. As far as I can see Derek drifted the thread a little by quoting what a teacher quoted to him. I posted a compliment to Derek in recognition of his endeavours on this forum helping others. However on reviewing my post, I lifted the wrong quote. I thought I had lifted Dereks quote.

Certainly no offence or troll intended by me. You are welcome to check my posts on many Motorhome forums under the TeamRienza or Davy username (Wildies, motorhomer, craic, Autosleeper, motor-homeowners).

Davy

Davy - no offense taken .... Thanks for your comments.

Jeremy

11 hours ago, Jez_1966 said:

I don't understand the benefit to the thread of the comments by Derek Uzzell/TeamRienza/mtravel, are you contributing, abusing member, trolling?

Please enlighten..

Trolling ?
Not me, please.
Recreational vehicles are equipped with autonomous gas or diesel heating systems, some models also have the option of electric heating. Stove option.
Separate heaters should not be allowed but some claim to use 500W during the day, let say 10hrs = 5Kw and 1000W at night, let say 14hrs = 14Kw.
Total 19Kw, well above the 4 that ACSI claims to guarantee.
More than enough for the normal operation of on-board utilities, refrigerator, lighting and maybe TV.

But in its notes ACSI also declares "Amenities in bold are not included in the overnight price. Some may need to be paid for. (This does not imply that all amenities not in bold are free!).
I read it as "connection to the EHU may involve costs".

What is someone complaining about ?

Archived