Gazza strip

michele

Now I know this won't be popular, but can we please leave the Israeli - Palestinian conflict up the Eastern end of the Med?  There are grave ills on both sides, the story has more twists that a Scotsman's walking stick and, much as we might like to, I don't think we shall settle 100 odd years of Middle East conflict on here!

Neither do I think scoring points on one or other side will make a ha'poth of difference on the ground: it is only likely to inflame passions all round.  Lets not do religion or politics on here chaps, eh?  Perhaps an outbreak of peace, following initial hostilities?

michele - 2007-06-18 11:59 PM Agreed Brian , I should never of brought it up in the first place . Anyway Thank you to everyone who contributed ...both sides of it . I'm out of here now! let's all stay friends ;-) :D Peace be with you ;-)

Thanks Michele.  Apologies, I forgot the resident chapesses!

What we need is a giant "worm can" closer.

We should appoint a level headed, unbiased member to close discussions when they get too heated. I know thats what the moderators are supposed to do, but I think "worm can closer" is a better title. :-D

p.s. Level headed doesn't mean someone who dribbles from both sides of their mouth at the same time. 8-)

Watching the news clip of starving children in a Baghdad orphanage gives some perspective to the problems plaguing the Middle East. Most inhabitants of this troubled area wish only to go about their daily lives in peace, but once again a handfull of religous fanatics are hellbent on imposing their own views and beliefs on everyone else regardless of the suffering this causes.

Forget about the why,s and wherefore,s on how this came about, and as previously stated plenty of reasons depending on your point of view. A recognised home for all Palastinians would be a start, but even this is a drop in the ocean, so for all those seeking paradise through martyrdom then lets help them on their way with all the expertise and enthusiasm we can muster.

howie - 2007-06-19 6:56 PM ............... so for all those seeking paradise through martyrdom then lets help them on their way with all the expertise and enthusiasm we can muster.

Trouble is, Howard, they want to share their ambition for paradise with the rest of us!  I know some of them are convinced it exists, but I'm not - so I'd sooner put up with my familiar surroundings for a while longer yet!

Well if we plan to survive and humanity wishes to progress then we have to address this problem head on regardless of casualties Brian. All in the greater scheme of things, but even Gods need a kick up the a...e now and then if you ask me.

Archived