Why

witzend

Question

3 answers to this question

Well spotted.

The O&AL forum IGNORE feature works as expected on my iPhone, with a You've chosen to ignore content by 'user-name' advisory message being issued and the related posting from that user-name not being displayed.

On my iPad tablet and on my iMac desktop-computer, the You've chosen to ignore content by 'user-name' advisory message is issued, but the related posting from that user-name is displayed immediately after that message, which - as mentioned in an earlier thread here - contradicts the IGNORE feature's purpose.

I hardly ever access the O&AL forums from my phone, and I've no compelling interest in exploiting the IGNORE feature anyway. Consequently, when I chanced to notice that IGNORE worked on my phone but not on my tablet or desktop devices, I never bothered to follow it up with Forum Support.

I did wonder if the difference was down to which  browser I was using, or if running an advert-blocker was having an effect, but changing those factors  made no difference. From what you've now said, it appears that IGNORE works just on phones.

Archived