ford cab

bigal55

The new ford cab is bril. Lots of storage compartments and looks good as well. It drives like a car and the cruise control is something else. Looked at fiat before buying the ford but in my opinion the ford was far superior. Thats my opinion some may tell you different.

The outgoing Ford is good as well! Even though it's got a floor mounted gearlever it's actually a very nice driving position, prefer it to the outgoing Fiat, not tried the new Fiat though, can't stand the look of it! :-S

Hi Alan, I've driven both the new Ford and the new Fiat and they're both good, really comfortable, easy to drive, powerful etc. Which one is best for you is a question only you can answer though. Some people will like the Ford over the Fiat and some the other way round. Best advice would be to try driving both of them for yourself.

D.

Guest JudgeMental

I have new ford and more then pleased, fully loaded it behaves very well and really moves along. I am sure you would be just as happy with the Fiat as well. But as van I wanted (EuraMobil) was on a ford, and I just do not like the look of the Fiat there was no contest

Before I bought it, I looked at reviews on German sites. Fiat (because rear track wider) they said it was a bit more stable - But I have found the Ford excellent in this regard.

Also Ford with 5 speed and Fiat with 6. reviews said the Ford lost nothing being a 5 speed and fuel consumption was a little better as well.

More then happy with Ford anyway...

What the hell has the look of the thing got to do with it? Surely the ride, driving experience, economy, reliability, ownership cost etc are more important. I'm looking at covering 50,000 miles in our current motorhome - not staring at it sitting on the drive.

madmick

Guest JudgeMental
madmick - 2007-06-23 7:52 PM

What the hell has the look of the thing got to do with it? Surely the ride, driving experience, economy, reliability, ownership cost etc are more important. I'm looking at covering 50,000 miles in our current motorhome - not staring at it sitting on the drive.

madmick

Living up to your name, eh? :-D

As already stated theres not much between these vans.

IMO I PERSONALLY don't like look of new Fiat.

Fiat/peugeot security is poor as well - check out THATCHAM site.

and yes Mel B the 2.4 twin wheel is a six speed ;-)

mines the silver one, at Mont St Michael two weeks ago and just back from Brugge...

1917420712_France070272.jpg.4e0d63d3355e0d4aebd19a8f267580eb.jpg

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2007-06-24 4:13 PM

I see not only are you picky about the looks Judge but you also like them big up top! (lol)

Did you find that the large overcab made the 'van a bit of a beast in high winds though? (?)

Mel (the Minx) B

Mel B, how do you read my mind like that :-D

No not at all, quite surprised actually. handles fine even when overtaking (even with roof A/C) I think its because its a lightweight construction. low roof models a bit of a squeeze for four. and this has two large permanent beds, allowing lounge area can be used at any time. I think I will stay with it after kids stop coming as it feels more spacious and airy.

Guest JudgeMental
bigal55 - 2007-06-24 6:48 PM

judge i like the cut of your rig, which model is she thanks alan

EuraMobil Profila 660 HB - here is a better picture...

856421087_camp1.jpg.e8a52918b86b4219718c87e0724f2890.jpg

Went to have a look at a Hymervan last weekend on the 07 chassis, first off disappointed to be told that they no longer offer an automatic as an option.

Then sat in the cab and this may be just me but I had to lower the seat all the way down to be reasonably comfortable. I found even then there was not a lot of clearance between the top of my legs and the steering wheel.

The steering wheel is non adjustable at all.

By the way I am average height 5' 10'' and weigh 10.5 stone so am no way a biggy.

Pete

Archived