Sites in Bordeaux

Aileen

Hi

I am going to France in September and hope to take in some of the Rugby World cup in France - particularly Bordeaux. Would anyone have recommendations of sites in the vicinity of the city - I'd rather not have to travel too far on the night of the match . I also will be travelling with a dog and wondered if anyone has any idea of how I would find a kennel that would take my dog for a day and night again in Bordeaux.

Aileen

Try emailing/contacting the local Tourist Info offices for details, they should be able to give you some info, once you've got a campsite sorted they might know as well. Make sure once you have found a kennels though that you check what documentation they want to make sure you dog has all the necessary vaccinations for him/her to be able to stay there.

Hi Aileen

CC Continental Guide (2004 version) lists 2 under Bordeaux.

One is at Sadirac (10km), the other Gradignan (4km)..Camping Beau Soleil, tel 0033 (0) 5 56 89 17 66 Might be worth a try, otherwise, if you do a search on the internet under 'Bordeaux campsites' you may come up with something.

Archived