BipnGo and nationwide bank

rooster63

Tried to set up an account with BipnGo as they seemed good value for casual use in Spain and Portugal. Unfortunately it seems my bank Nationwide does not allow the setting up of a direct mandate using SEPAs.

Not sure if there is anyway around this except opening a new bank account (not really)or using Emovis

Have had a reply from customer service BipandGo and it is not available for UK based customers (Brexit anyone?!). Need to use saniftolling which following the link takes you to Emovis, more expensive. There are other companies so will explore. Don’t use toll roads that much but have found have to be very precise lining the passenger window with contactless pads at toll booths as car point too low and lorry one too high so have to be as close as possible as the design of our Fiat Ducato based van doesn’t allow window to be fully wound down.

Emovis quite expensive whereas Bip and Go would have only cost 3€ per month.

There seem to be other companies out there so will keep digging.

For whatever reason, you have been misinformed by bip and go. I have  recently signed up with them for France, Spain, Portugal, and Italy. Further, I signed up on the recommendation of a fellow member of wildcamping.co.uk . He gets €4 as do I for loyalty. Several wildcamping members have successfully joined in the last year.

There have certainly been issues for some UK banks who do not seem to be part of the SEPA payment system. I use Starling bank when abroad as I hold a combined sterling and euro account. I was required to provide my Starling IBAN number and the sign up was straightforward.

you may need to open a suitable account (I am very happy with Starling) which has IBAN and SEPA acceptance, or of course you can check out some of the other tag providers.

Davy

Nope same problem, as Nationwide hasn't signed up to SEPA and fulli use the same payment system.

Not worth the hassle of getting a different UK bank account, not sure if any do subscribe to SEPA, and certainly not worth the hassle of getting a non-UK bank account, even if that was possible.

I know I can get the Emovis tag through the caravan club but the monthly fees are higher.

I have tried ULYS and it says my order has been processed and they will take a test 1€ from the bank but I suspect that as they needed the IBAN for my bank it will be rejected.

I have Bip & Drive for Spain and Portugal and Bip & Go for France from Emovis which work brilliantly. Annual charge I think is £10 and a small charge plus the tolls for the calendar month they are used. The transponders are fixed to the windscreen (Fiat Ducato) by the rear mirror fitting (the mirror has been removed. I have had no problems anywhere, and definitely in Portugal which has tolls everywhere, I wouldn't be without the convenience. From my current experience while I am in Portugal, it would be almost impossible to travel in the Algarve and on the west coast and avoid tolls. I have just planned a 300mile journey which would take 1hr40min longer by avoiding tolls which isn't worth it for a few €, which are probable saved in reduced fuel use on the motorways. 

Dick 

I can only seem to find ATMB in French and my French is not good enough for official forms. Trying ATMB.com/en didn’t work. 2 questions, is there an English site and secondly can the tag be used in Spain and Portugal, my destination this year?

Have applied for a Starling bank account so I can apply for Bip and Go

On 3/22/2023 at 12:43 PM, Yatsushiro said:

Agree with the Fulli suggestion, I signed up earlier in the year when another forum posting pointed out an offer (seemingly no longer available). I linked it to my Revolut card without problem the website has an English language option (top right). I saw the 1 euro test charge go through my euro balance and then stupidly did not top up my euro balance -they only take payment in euros - with enough to satisfy my January charge which failed. In my best Google translate I emailed an apology and said that I had corrected the omission and back came a polite reply saying not a problem they would try again in a couple of weeks which they did and it all went through OK.

Archived