Motorhome touch lights

ADC660

Hello all, I have a 2017 Adria Coral SCS 660 motorhome.  Touch LEDS are installed in the living area and bathroom. This evening the 3 bathroom LEDs would not work - they worked perfectly yesterday. I'm hooked up to 240V (I'm in Australia).  The rest of the touch LEDs in the living area work just fine.  The fuses seem OK. I have a Schaudt Electroblock 216, which by the way I can't find info online anywhere (I have the German pamphlet that came with the MH). I'm at a loss, could all 3 have suddenly failed? and for what reason. Any insight to troubleshoot is most welcomed. 

Can't help much with the touch light problem, except for the fact that they are often capacitive. A couple of mine can be somewhat reluctant to work at times via touch. Yours sounds rather more like a wiring or fuse problem.

As far as the EBL is concerned (and further to Colin's reply)

Go here: (it helps if you have a translate option on your browser, but it's relatively understandable anyway)

https://www.schaudt.gmbh/de/service-support/downloads.php

..enter "EBL 216" (with space) in the "article number" field and search for it.

Select the English link for the operation manual.

It will open a "download" window, hit download and it will ask for an email address.

Once supplied, you will get a direct download link sent to the email address.

The chances of all three LED lights in the bathroom area failing within 24 hours are pretty small, so (as Robinhood has suggested) the cause is much more likely to be a wiring/fuse fault.

If the touch-sensitive light-units are the type shown here

image.png.2754e32a086498eac13ca0786f86a369.png

it's usually straightforward to pull them out of the ceiling and - if one of the non-working lights were removed and provided with a 12V power source - a check could be made whether it functioned or not.

On 3/27/2023 at 1:38 AM, ADC660 said:

Hello all, I have a 2017 Adria Coral SCS 660 motorhome.  Touch LEDS are installed in the living area and bathroom. This evening the 3 bathroom LEDs would not work - they worked perfectly yesterday. I'm hooked up to 240V (I'm in Australia).  The rest of the touch LEDs in the living area work just fine.  The fuses seem OK. I have a Schaudt Electroblock 216, which by the way I can't find info online anywhere (I have the German pamphlet that came with the MH). I'm at a loss, could all 3 have suddenly failed? and for what reason. Any insight to troubleshoot is most welcomed. 

On my Adria Coral SCS 660 (2020) there are 3 lights in the bathroom, 2 in the main area and 1 in the shower area.They are controlled from two light switches above the window under the pelmet and are not tough lights. If both circuits are not functioning then it is more likely a circuit issue than the light units. The Schaudt Electroblok is located under the seat with the passenger seatbelts. The fuses are located on the top of the unit, all blade fuses and easy to access. I was able to download a circuit diagram from the Schaudt website. If you have a problem in downloading it send me a pm and I can copy you my download. You will struggle to find "good" info like wiring diagrams on the Adrias sold in AU other than general info as they were a special build for the AU/NZ market. I am also in AU Sydney so if you want any help send me your mobile no. Cheers 

Archived