Rapido reading lights

Ruby14

• Keithl changed the title to Rapido reading lights

The 2022 Rapido brochure shows this design of interior light still being fitted then.

Rapido used to fit interior reading-lights from the Dometic catalogue, but the lights in my 2015 Rapido 640F were soon no longer marketed by Dometic. When I wanted some extra lights a couple of years later, I found that a Rapido dealership could still order them from the French factory, but the price per light was very high. Eventually (after a lot of internet research) I managed to obtain a pair from an Irish retailer at half the Rapido price (and even then those lights were not an exact match to the 2015 originals).

I don't think the lights in your photo are Dometic products and you may have to get them through a Rapido dealership.

(Looking at Rapido's website for 2023 models, it appears that a different design of light may now be used.)

I don't think it will help you, but it looks as though it could be a (Rapido-specific?) similar to the Dometic "Thomas" range.

I can find lights of a very similar concept, albeit with a different shaped base and slightly different "shade".

https://www.led-powershop.de/epages/62876046.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62876046/Products/1659

(The rectangular base on yours looks very Dometic)

1 hour ago, Ruby14 said:

Thank you for the reply, I am really struggling to find these 

Have you contacted a Rapido dealership, as that's the logical first port of call? (It appeared that Rapido was still fitting this light-unit to their motorhomes a year ago, so there's a good chance the Mayenne factory has some left on their shelves.)

As I said above, I had a lot of difficulty obtaining extra Dometic reading-lights at a reasonable price for my Rapido motorhome. A quick check shows that - although 'my' light still shows up on-line - all the adverts (including the one from the retailer I eventually got lights from) indicate they have no stock and that the light has been discontinued. The sole exception is a USA advert for the 'correct' light at a price of $11.

If you can identify the make/model of light (eg. from markings in or on your lights) you might be able to find a non-Rapido supplier. A UK Rapido dealership may be able to help with that, but if the make/model of light is not identifiable and a Rapido dealership cannot get hold of them, I'm doubtful you'll find them elsewhere.

(Idle curiosity, but why do you want the lights?)

Archived