Paris

CISCO

Hello everybody – If we are not away – One of the most often looked at items, if only in passing, is the yearly calendar on the back of the kitchen door. Malvern’s (b00ked) Have our Cowboy Boots/Hats (MCC) etc. Also, weekend’s, rallies are peppered in.

But a slot from mid Sept to first week in Oct. is looking good. And that’s the reason for the Post. Won’t say whose idea but the Paris Motorhome Show has been thrown in as an option. So, any advice please – warnings – sites – open to all info.. We have been to France before but not that area. Went to Holland in April and that was fantastic.

(Expect I’ll be using the less than expensive service of Sea France again)

David

It depends what you're looking for.  If you just want to get an idea of what is around, and you can't get to Dusseldorf, Paris is quite a good second.  Entry is €7 per person, I'm not sure about the arrangements for motorhomes.  This link will take you to the website, but there is precious little there yet!  ttp://tinyurl.com/yv3tcu  Dates for 2007 are 29/9 – 7/10.  We went in 2003 and 2004, and although there was plenty of parking for motorhomes, it was a bit of a tip.  First time we just booked a Eurostar weekend in Paris and went to le Bourget by metro, second time we drove in by car and booked Ibis hotels at Compiegne going in, and Douai on way back.  The Le Bourget exhibition centre is (or at least was) off the A1, just North of Paris at Exit 5.  It is the site of the old Paris-Le Bourget airport.  It is fairly well signposted (Parc des Expositions) from the A1, just after the interchange with the A3.

However, if you want to go with your van I think Dusseldorf is probably better, since the motorhome facilities are, I gather, far superior.  I think it is also a larger show overall.  Try this link: http://tinyurl.com/8hmj8  Dates are 25/8 - 2/9, which may be a bit early for you.  Can't add to that, because I haven't been, but I know several others have, so they may be able to fill in some of the gaps.

Have fun!

I can recommend the campsite at the Bois de Boulogne, which is on the right bank of the Seine to the West of Paris about 30kms from the show and not too difficult to find. It is well served by public transport, so you might be able to get to the show from there in that way. The site closes at the end of September- try www.abccamping.com/campingparis.htm for details

Brian

Re sites for the show, I wouldn't use either the Maisons Laffitte or the Bois de Boulogne sites, unless you also want to get into central Paris.  Le Bourget is about 6.5 miles NE of the centre of Paris.  Maisons Laffitte is about 12 miles due W of le Bourget, and the Bois de Boulogne about 10 miles SW.  Both sites therefore involve somewhat tricky navigation around what can be some very busy commuter roads on weekdays.

I think you'll probably find the best location is St Leu-d'Essert, where there are two large permanent sites, Camping l'Abbatiale and Campix.  This is around 2hrs 45 mins drive from Calais.  Both are on the D12 from St Leu-d'Essert towards Cramosiy.  Heading South towards Paris on A1, take the Senlis exit and go through Senlis and Chantilly on D924/D44, then cross the Oise to St Leu-d'Essert, where you pick up the D12, and then look for signs to either site within a mile or so.  Roughly 40 mins driving to Le Bourget; the show opens at 10:00, so no early start in the morning, and you'll avoid the main morning rush hour.

Archived