Meet us at Canterbury?

Tony Jones

We're going to the MCC rally at Canterbury this weekend, to see the Tour de France.

Anyone else going to be there? You can't miss us, we'll be in "Hannibal," our scruffy old RED Transit high-top, but we won't be there til late Friday night. Come and say hello!

Tony & Liz

But surely the T de F is on Sunday?

Isn't this your working day. Get back to work man!

But seriously, I would be if I was in the MCC. I was a member a few years back and I'm thinking of giving them another go. Do you go out with them much?

I've booked the Sunday off - I can do that sometimes, otherwise I'd have to come back from France every week when we have our real holiday!

We don't really "do" the rallying thing, although we made a point of popping in to see the Essex group when they came to our town.

We've been in one of the larger clubs, and appreciated CL/CS networks etc, but when we needed to join a club again (mainly to get a Camping Carnet!) we decided on the MCC for a number of reasons.

It's a club which is REALLY interested in motorcaravanners, and understands what we're about (eg it supports the concept of "stopovers" in UK and abroad, backs campaigns against height barriers, etc) unlike some clubs whose main interests are (quite understandably) elsewhere.

It comes up with imaginative ideas that only real motorhomers would even understand, like the "Safe Knights" scheme (members offering driveway space to other members for overnight stops).

Yes, it's small, and therefore only has a limited network of CL's etc.

But we wanted to give it our support, because even though there are some things the bigger clubs do better at the moment, there's no point in bleating about (what we perceive as) their motorhome-unfriendly policies and then continuing to give them our money. We'd love to see all the motorcaravanners who complain about other clubs do the same - then it could grow, and provide all that's best about the bigger clubs!

This isn't meant as a "get at the CC/CCC" diatribe. Those clubs just don't happen to suit us, and we don't agree with many of their policies, so we put our money (significantly less of it!) where our mouth is, and accept the inconvenience of the much smaller CL network.

Tony

Tony Jones - 2007-07-03 9:28 AM

I've booked the Sunday off - I can do that sometimes, otherwise I'd have to come back from France every week when we have our real holiday!

We don't really "do" the rallying thing, although we made a point of popping in to see the Essex group when they came to our town.

We've been in one of the larger clubs, and appreciated CL/CS networks etc, but when we needed to join a club again (mainly to get a Camping Carnet!) we decided on the MCC for a number of reasons.

It's a club which is REALLY interested in motorcaravanners, and understands what we're about (eg it supports the concept of "stopovers" in UK and abroad, backs campaigns against height barriers, etc) unlike some clubs whose main interests are (quite understandably) elsewhere.

It comes up with imaginative ideas that only real motorhomers would even understand, like the "Safe Knights" scheme (members offering driveway space to other members for overnight stops).

Yes, it's small, and therefore only has a limited network of CL's etc.

But we wanted to give it our support, because even though there are some things the bigger clubs do better at the moment, there's no point in bleating about (what we perceive as) their motorhome-unfriendly policies and then continuing to give them our money. We'd love to see all the motorcaravanners who complain about other clubs do the same - then it could grow, and provide all that's best about the bigger clubs!

This isn't meant as a "get at the CC/CCC" diatribe. Those clubs just don't happen to suit us, and we don't agree with many of their policies, so we put our money (significantly less of it!) where our mouth is, and accept the inconvenience of the much smaller CL network.

Tony

We also rejoined the MCC for the CCI as well & rallies . Namely same reasons as yourself

Motorhomer

Doesn't seem like many people are going to the Tour de France judging by the forums.

#We are going to Abbey Wood on Friday for the weekend, we booked back in December and looking forward to it as I am sure it will be great fun.

Have a great time down in Canterbury.

Looked at the 5 day forecast on the BBC today but am saying nothing.

Fed up with rain here came back from Scotland on June 17th and it has rained every day since.

TO all who are going have a great time.

Archived