Energy Management System

bikerstew

Hi 

Derek I agree , I really think his best option is replace all "modules" 

I think a good second unit may also be difficult to find , one never knows but it may not be long before it too may give trouble 

Regards

As I'm sure you are aware, the "Energy Management System" Autocruise chose to use comprises three separate units - a control-panel, a Module A and a Module B (as shown here)

https://www.apuljackelectronics.co.uk/Autocruise-Energy-Management-System-__p-378.aspx

The position nowadays is that none of those three units is available new, that nobody offers a repair service for any of the three units, and historical discussion indicates that the manufacturer of the units (who will have had an understanding of their construction and functionality) will provide no assistance.

In this 2020 forum thread (referred to in my first posting earlier)

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/topic/50205-autocruise-starspirit-problem/

I said

The “Power System” that included the “Energy Management System” control-panel was a great idea at the time and provided a lot of information to the motorhome owner. However - like a lot of old electronic equipment - when problems develop years later, critical spare parts are no longer available and there’s nobody with the necessary expertise to troubleshoot.

If the system wasn’t working at all, the best bet would probably be to junk the lot and have a CBE-branded modular ‘kit’ fitted instead. But that would cost £300-£400 for the parts alone and there’d be a hefty labour charge for the installation.

Barry1940 (who initiated the 2020 discussion) is no longer an O&AL forum member and only posted within that 2020 thread - so it will never be known how the problem he had with his 2008 Autocruise Starspirit was resolved.

Hi Derek

The expertise may not be the issue here me thinks 

I still think when these units give so much trouble it is a far better bet to replace ,as you say with a CBE unit or indeed an old full unit if one could be found cheaply, 

I would go for a new unit every time for peace of mind and hopefully reliability 

Regards 

Archived