Fiat Spares

sundance kid

Has anyone had a long wait for Fiat Spares?. On the way to the Lakes over the spring bank holiday the speedometer sensor packed up.

On return I took the vehicle to my local Fiat garage to have it fixed under warranty. I have no problems with my Fiat garage. They are very friendly and helpful and have been chasing up the part for the past month.

You can order just about anything these days and have it delivered within twenty four hours, so I fail to understand how one of the largest commercial vehicle manufacturers in the world can't deliver a small component after nearly five weeks. Are there thousands of Ducato's currently driving around without a speedometer or are they all laid up waiting for a twopenny switch. I think not.

The latest excuse is that they are out of stock and waiting for some new ones to be made. Heard that one before.

Mike

Oh I don't know Clive, that's only three I've heard of. I know of one chap down in Devon had four Sprinters and they all needed new rear axles at 150,000 miles. was that poor quality control? (he runs a light haulage company and switched to LDVs after that and found they were more reliable overall).

D.

Sorry to jump back past your Ford question - I needed a new electric window regulator (motor) for my Fiat 2.8JTD last year and was told that it would have to come from Italy. I had it in my hands less than 3 days later.

Nobby

Archived