Apple iPhone/iPad to hdmi connector for use with tv

tonyishuk

My Camos satellite locator has lost its U.K. satellite position, although it does indicate a lock on signal for other satellites. The receiver  is a Sky Pace mini so can not be tuned to whatever the lock is.  

Not that I watch much tv, but am starting to find that DAB and internet radio channels are listenable to on a range of subjects not mainstream for the BeebC. Also iPlayer, and film streaming channels.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Apple / hdmi converter and if a phones ability to stream is good enough substitute for my elderly Satellite system.

Or use with an iPad using the iPhone as a hotspot ?

( Other makes of phone and connectors may be available!)

£45 seems better value than a £1000 or so for a new sat system.

rgds

For some time I’ve been using a Apple 

Lightning Digital AV Adapter and a reasonably good HDMI cable and you can keep your iPhone charged through the adapter. 
work’s absolutely brilliantly in the Uk and in the EU using my Supa App. 
I upgraded my Vodafone contract to unlimited and even though they give you a fair usage abroad, in 2 weeks I didn’t exceed this and with a little thought over a longer period ie 3 weeks the first 2 weeks will be in the one month and the 3 Rd week in the following month. 
I use it for tv and F1 without any problems 

Thanks for your replies, I will investigate further.

The Supra App seems interesting. 

I would welcome any suggestions for companies about updating the Camos. As it seems to lock onto other satellites but not Astra, my feeling is that a firmware upgrade is required, so not to drastic.

I tried RoadPro (Original suppliers) but they said that they were unable to help as the unit was too old (2010)

I haven’t searched the net for tuning information for the mini pace box, but will do so.  My guess is the satellites that have a lock, are continental and could be encrypted.

rgds

Edited by tonyishuk

Hi Albert

its Supa Mac IPTV 

cost wise around £40 ( my son put the app on my phone for me ) 

it works brilliantly in France and Spain  using my iPhone Data and when possible Wi-Fi  my main reason for it was F1 and very rarely it buffers and gives a first class viewing experience  

• 3 weeks later...

In light of my opening post about my Camos satellite.

Whilst having a play with wiring and checking satellite positioning, my Freesat stations have returned.  Probably one of those “Doh” moments when last using the kit.

Thanks for your advice regarding the hdmi connection.  As my son pointed out, I could use it and an iPad to download load films to watch  as well as stream.

rgds