Burstner mirror finish decal strip

machra

My van has a mirrored finish decal strip down the outside. The decal has faded (uv damage). Has anyone succeeded in ‘polishing’ this back to ‘as new’? I have tried various polishes on small areas of the strip but nothing seems to work.

Thanks weldted I was afraid of that. When we were at the Norwich show last year I saw a couple of Burstners with the same problem. Why didn’t they just use coloured (black or red) stripes to match the rest 😩😩

If you have anyone local who does wrapping they might come up with something. It’s a crap Idea along with the idea of using lots of sticky Velcro to hold up cupboard backing, I have had to renew all of mine as well as the trims in the rear bedroom as every time I went over a bump they fell of. For so called German quality mine should never have left the factory. By the time it was delivered (brand new) to me it had an unaccounted 420 miles on it, had been involved in an accident and poorly repair and no end of problems. The cooker when installled of made at the factory had been lined up incorrectly and the tails of the gas pipes have sheared off it leaked whilst we were asleep luckily I started to be sick and woke up. All I got from Burstner was it is out of warranty tough luck. Never again

Archived