Chopping in used motorhome for new

Adiebt

We are scheduled to take delivery of our new van in mid Jan 2024 and in an ideal world would like to keep our old van up until just after New Year .
For convenience and avoiding any hassle factor we would intend to chop in with same people that are providing our new van , my question is when do we start this dance macabre and what advice can you give re the multitude of questions whirring round inside my head , such as agreed “ guaranteed “ minimum trade in etc ( if such a thing exists ) . 
All help and advice much gratefully welcomed and appreciated. 
The van is a ten year old Bailey 740SE with 49K miles at the present , full service and habitation history , fully specced , loved and looked after . 
We have a planning meeting in July re the new van and prior to this have been asked to provide pictures etc of the used van . 

Cheers .

Edited by Adiebt

We take delivery late June ish. 
we agreed a fixed price which has been increased by 2k due to the increase in Motorhomes now. 
the very fair price was offered by the sellers of the new MH and nice for me took no negotiating, which I’m more than happy to do but on this occasion it wasn’t necessary. 
present MH is a 69 reg Cathago super lightweight and the new one will be a Malibu 640. 

15 hours ago, Den said:

... the new one will be a Malibu 640. 

Welcome to the Malibu family.
We own a 2020 600DB on a lightweight Ducato 140CV.
Arrived at 26,000 miles, besides several trips in Italy, it took us to Germany, Norway, Ireland, France and Andalusia.
We are completely satisfied with it, so far, knocking on wood, absolutely no problems.

17 hours ago, Den said:

We take delivery late June ish. 
we agreed a fixed price which has been increased by 2k due to the increase in Motorhomes now. 
the very fair price was offered by the sellers of the new MH and nice for me took no negotiating, which I’m more than happy to do but on this occasion it wasn’t necessary. 
present MH is a 69 reg Cathago super lightweight and the new one will be a Malibu 640. 

I've bought many new vehicles but never a factory order, (and never traded one in) just taken one they have in stock

As a matter of interest do you get a fixed price on the new vehicle or can that be increased?

Edited by John52

7 hours ago, mtravel said:

Welcome to the Malibu family.
We own a 2020 600DB on a lightweight Ducato 140CV.
Arrived at 26,000 miles, besides several trips in Italy, it took us to Germany, Norway, Ireland, France and Andalusia.
We are completely satisfied with it, so far, knocking on wood, absolutely no problems.

This will be our 2nd Malibu 640, we purchased the first one in 2016 and it was superb. Not one fault. We then changed to to the Cathago and again it’s quality is excellent but our way of motorhoming suits the the 640 and the wife will drive that one. 

yes the price was agreed on the new one at the Oct MH show and with this particular supplier I’ve always been very happy with px, changing gas bottles and the inverter. 

7 hours ago, John52 said:

I've bought many new vehicles but never a factory order, (and never traded one in) just taken one they have in stock

As a matter of interest do you get a fixed price on the new vehicle or can that be increased?

Can be increased, guessing on 5 to 10 %

I sold my last motorhome in Dec 21 after placing an order for a new one in Oct 21 with an expected delivery date of March 22. Then the world went a bit mad and we are now expecting it July  so been without a motorhome for a while (fortunately we also have a classic TW camper which has been pressed into service). However, I was worried about the market topping out back then and then falling quite hard impacting on the amount I was willing to spend upgrading. I was clearly wrong but the longer the boom goes on the bigger the fall. There is still plenty of pain to come with regards to disposable incomes, interest rates etc (interesting to see how many slightly used motorhomes there are now available at Dealers) so you might want to think about getting a valuation after you are through the peak of your usage this summer and then see what offer you get from your supplying dealer?

I got a good price for our last motorhome from 4 Front down the M23. They purchase from all over the country and used only so always need stock.