Camping cards

nigelmgpp

The RAC, AA, Camping Club and Camping and Caravanning Clubs supply them. I believe you don,t have to be a member but the fee may be bigger if you are not one.

We have found it unessesary to get a new card every year. Providing the details on the card are the same as those on your passport the site commandants seem happy.

In deed if one is only staying 1 night and you pay when you arrive they don,t event want a card.

This may be of interest to card holders.  You can get on line access to, or download and print a .PDF file of, the country by country lists of campsites offering discounts to CCI holders.  There is an implied warning that you may have to ask about the discount at the site reception, and that this may be forefeit if paying with a credit card.  http://tinyurl.com/3agwbz

Thanks David have been on all the website that do the CCI cards and found out about the thrid party insurance that goes with this nice to know as some mistake do happen when least acpeted to go wrong.(excuse the spelling of some words).

Nigel

Happy Motorhoming

Just like to thank everybody that posted replies to my question and I have filled in forms that I downloaded from the RAC website and have sent these forms of and awating them, to come back when the RAC has done the card for me. Then when I am next off to Europe or Stay in Britain I can use them instead of my passport.

The thrid party insurance that goes with them is a nice bonus to have, because accidents do happen at the most awkward times and this will be acomfort & piece of mind that if the unexpected does happen.

Thanks Nigel

Happy Motorhoming

Archived